Snoozin’ In Shanghai

“I took this when traveling in Shanghai this year. Hubby is a cat magnet/detector. He suddenly stopped on the street and went to this spot that nobody would look twice, and there it was, a kitty sleeping on a pair of kung-fu shoes. Kitty was sound asleep on a busy street.” -Sannie from Hong Kong.

9161905558_37b2e91d09_b

Comments

1. bob drummond says:

that kitty certainly picked a nice place to take a Catnap —-PHEEEYOUUUU !!! :-(

2. Cynthia M says:

Aw, I want a little kitten sleeping in my shoes.

3. My kittehs loved shoes, too. They seem to enjoy the PHEEEYOUUUU smell that bob mentioned..

4. Yep my kitties make a beeline for visitors shoes whenever I have guests – like a magnet. But at least they look oh so adorable snuggling or sleeping on the shoes.

5. The kitteh picked a bed just his size…and it color-matches, too. Cute pic!

6. this photo is SO much more sad than cute! it makes me cry just thinking about all the homeless kitties all over the world. :( 2 of my kitties I rescued from “the street.” I wish I could rescue EVERY kitty! :( :( :( :(

7. kodalai says:

It wasn’t necessarily a ‘street’ kitty, though… It could have been somebody’s kitty out for a stroll.

8. I’m pretty sure this kitteh wasn’t a stray – saw plenty of cats on this street, but they all had good fur, well-fed, and seemed to belong to nearby shops or households. Hubby and I believe this kitteh was sleeping on the owner’s shoes. Kitteh woke up after I took this photo, and was very affectionate towards us. :D

9. SlaveToCat says:

Loud purring drowns out noises from the street and silly humans

10. Coffee Cup says:

Street cats are often extremely self-sustaining and often travel house to house or hang out with market sellers anyway. I bet this kitteh has a snuggly box to sleep in somewhere. Also, no offense but you’ll worry yourself sick if you get emotional over the prospect of every single homeless cat out there. It’s just how it is. You can’t take home every stray and many of them just aren’t able to be with people full time.

11. Moonstar says:

Cat magnet, that’s me. Any critter magnet really. Was at Busch Gardens one time when out of the corner of my eye I saw a rabbit sitting in a bush. Me being me, I stopped, pointed, and jumped up and down for a second saying “BUNNY!” My dad facepalmed because my mom did the same thing with a deer once. ;P

12. Tony James says:

Everybody was kung-fu…er…napping
    That cat was fast as-leeping.

13. I would ask the owner of those shoes if that dear sweet little kitty was theirs and if not, kitty would have a home with me :D

14. :lol: I would just LOVE to see pictures of your dear sweet kitties sleeping on your guests’ shoes, sugitomo :lol:

15. They usually don’t sleep (too much excitement with guests) but they do seem to like to sneef a lot…hmmm…will have to remember to grab a picture the next time.

16. Clairdelune says:

Me too, Pamela, me too!!! :-(

17. I bet the kitten chose the shoes because of their good feng shui . . .
    *purrs* dreaming of sweet high-spirited escapades and karate-chop good luck . . .

Kitten looks FUZZY!! FLUFFY!!! An overload of cute, as always! :)

18. One of my favorite memories of my first cat, Chiaro was the way she’d crouch in my house.

19. TINEE TABBEE