My Show Is On- Can We Talk LATER?

According to NBC News.com, a new study suggests that- despite what we all know to be true – your cat isn’t totally ignoring you.

The key word there is “totally.”

The report’s in the July issue of Animal Cognition. Quoting the website article, “Dogs have evolved, and are bred, to follow their owner’s orders, but cats have not been. So sometimes cats appear aloof, but they have special relationships with their owners.”

(Like, sometimes they MIGHT share the remote with you. Or not.)

9068945539_1e8b2a9017_c

9139181130_6405e66b92_c
Top: Fred Baby, from Avivit B-Y.
Bottom: Coconut, from Jennifer E., photo by N. Kehler.

Comments

1. Janet in Cambridge says:

So the special part of the relationship means they hog the remote? That’s okay with me. Any cat that sits like this can have the remote!

2. Theresa says:

SHHH! Mama’s watchin’ her stories!

3. skippymom says:

hahahahaha

4. skippymom says:

That is one FINE-looking feline.

5. I know how you feel, kitty. Comcast is my mortal enemy.

6. I have friends that call it Communist-cast.

7. skippymom says:

HI, CEEJOE!!!

8. Clairdelune says:

The tuxie looks intimidating, I would not try to remove him from the chair until he’s ready to leave. As for Coconut, the white floofball… .what else could you do but smooch him at every opportunity?

9. Saffron says:

Favorite soap: Nine Lives to Live

10. My boy cat sits just like the tuxie whenever a Victorias Secret commercial comes on!

11. Very generous cats, they actually left room for the hoomins to sit.

12. Coffee Cup says:

I think my cat is an anthropologist. He sits far away and watches us as we watch TV. Sometimes I think he’s watching the TV too but it’s very possible he’s studying us and making mental notes for the Journal of Human Behavior.

13. Maureen from Canada says:

My special relationship with my last cat was – I did everything for her and occasionally she would acknowledge that I existed!

14. SlaveToCat says:

Good Evening, I’m Alistair Cat. Tonight on Masterpiece Classic we will be showing a real classic. A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; staring the iconic Elizabeth Taylor.

15. Teresa in NC says:

My dearly departed feline Rusty was a typical male – he hogged the remote – by napping on it. I never could figure out how that hard remote could be such a favored spot for snoozing.

16. wuyizidi says:

All cats consider themselves royalty. I imagine my cat probably goes by something like Archduke Carl Gustav von StrippyPants or 6th Viscount Falmouth, or some such. Since I do not know how to address his lordship properly, he rightly ignores most of my pleas for attention.

17. Fred the Tux is awesome. He’s totally sitting like a little man!

18. Hi Skippymom!!! Haven’t been here much, busy at work lately. How are you and the kitties?

19. They are so elegant!

20. kodalai says:

Are you sure men don’t sit like oversized tuxies? ;)

21. :lol: AWW :lol: Fred Baby looks so comfortable, Avivit B-Y. :lol:

:lol: AWW :lol: I so want to cuddle and snorgle, Coconut, Jennifer E. :lol:

22. Queen of Dork says:

There’s no freaking way that this can be so cute.

23. Queen of Dork says:

The first kitty looks as if he’s so watching something very studious, such as a program about the best ways to make your human do everything for you, or something like that.

24. that’s my relationship with EVERY cat…..

25. Isn’t he though? I love how he matches the decor:)