Synchronized Noshing

“Aaaaaaand… munch, two, three, chomp, two, three… Big smiles, ladies, big smiles! Gladys, you missed the turn!”

Via Beckie.

Comments

1. emmberrann says:

Fractal kitterpillars?

2. JenDeyan says:

That’s creepily neat.

3. JenDeyan says:

But the hover text pushes it closer to neat!

4. What happens when they get to the middle?

5. baileysgrandmom says:

Yeah, it’s all fun and games until you go out one day and see your precious tomato plant completely consumed over one 24-hour period! Now I just buy them (tomatoes, I mean, not caterpillars) at the grocery store–much cheaper in the long run!

6. I’ve heard that you can buy praying mantis eggs online and when the mantids hatch (there’s about 200 eggs per pod) they will take care of all the “bad” bugs in your garden and leave the plants and “good” bugs alone.

7. My question exactly!! I want to see the next pic!

8. What does the hover text say? I can’t see it, for some reason and I can’t miss a NTMTOM hover text!

9. Saffron says:

It’s the June Taylor Caterpillars!

10. Saffron says:

Eet says “All right, who burped? They take points off for that, you know!”
    :D

11. Rachael says:

*snicker* Thanks, haven’t thought of them in decades. :)

12. Blue Footed Booby says:

Currently, the bane of my mom’s tomato plants is squirrels. It’s so hot they steal the tomatoes to drink the juice, and leave the fruit lying to rot.

Growing up, it took a couple years before Mom realized the dog was eating all the cherry tomatoes. Even as a tiny puppy he’d rear up on his hind legs like a stegosaurus and gently doink tomatoes off with his lips.

13. Alice Shortcake says:

We really need a COXCO to see their identical makeup and cheesy grins.

14. OMG you totally made me smile!

15. We have pocket gophers they pull the plant underground right before your eyes. it is shaking and then Zoop Gone. in like six seconds.

16. These aren’t Caterpillars, but Sawfly Larva. Sawflies are stingless relatives of Bees and Wasps. They pose like this when they feel threatened and give off a nasty-tasting chemical. These might be grubs of the Argid Sawfly. They are pretty fun to look at! But boy do they have an appetite!

17. sabrina rose says:

Maybe put a bowl of water in a shaded spot for the squirrels?? They must feel desperate for a drink and you must feel PO’d that they take your tomatoes…..

18. Ok, I can deal with one little guy with penguins on his back, but more than one = gross-out, frightening memories of the movie “Squirm.” *shudder*

19. lisaLASSIE says:

Praying mantises will eat anything they can catch and overpower. That includes bugs that humans consider “good”.

20. lisaLASSIE says:

A puppy that would “rear up on his hind legs like a stegosaurus”. What a delightful image.

21. My mom’s dog eats the blackberries. She goes up and licks them. If they’re ripe they fall right off and she noms them on down. If they’re not she comes back a couple days later to check again.

22. And this is how people end up wiht $64 home grown tomatoes. Seriously though, I think all of us gardeners feel your pain.

23. I was reminded of those old Ester William movies. Or the knock-offs in the Mel Brooks movies. “Send in the nuns!”

24. victoreia says:

*snerk* I love that scene!

25. Bugsby Berkeley.