Service with a Squeak

In the classic automat of the sixties, you had to get your own food from little vending machine windows. But today we have the Ottermat, the ultimate in convenience and cuteness.

Comments

1. Crystal says:

I cannot comprehend what I just saw. There is too much cute.

2. I had to watch that 3 times. Where can I get my otter?

3. Alice Shortcake says:

OMG…the squeaking!

4. I agree! OMG… that squeaking is too cute!

5. Rachael says:

Why don’t you just keel me ded and be done with it, for heaven sake. Holy moly!

6. Marilyn says:

Goodness, this is cute!!!

7. Love the very beginning part of the video, his paws are shoulder (?) high and he’s all “what can I do for ya?” :D

8. Helen lyman says:

This is too cute for words – I’m gonna faint from this cuteness

9. Sheesh – I’ve been to their cat cafes, petted their temple kitties, and fed their wild deer running around the streets of Nara, but I have never, ever encountered a squeaky vending otter in Japan. Now that is unfair.

10. I can’t stop watching this and I love how the otter’s first reaction, like all humans, is to reach into the change dispenser first to see if anything is in there.

11. Shelley says:

Yep, I am on my 5th viewing… I watched it 3 times when I first turned on my computer, now I just came back after an errand and watched it 2 more times.

I love how they run credits on this little short clip.

12. dgerish says:

Is this the sweet little otter who goes around that rooftop aquarium with her trainer/keeper?

13. I know! I never met one of those while I was in Japan, either, and there are so many vending machines. Where were the otters?

14. Once again, the Japanese have out-cuted us, America. It’s time to step up!

15. OMG …

16. Michelle says:

Anyone know the backstory here? This makes me sad.

17. it’s a government program to give out of work mustelids a sense of self-worth and a few cockels in their pocket during these trying times of mid-sized mammalian economic downturn

it’s called You Otter Do Something About That

18. oh dear. in the mod lounge. i believe they’re checking the shellfish for, um, red tide or something

19. Psychethos says:

Hahhahahahah!

20. lisaLASSIE says:

Take me too. Please, have mercy.

21. lisaLASSIE says:

roflol

22. Alice Shortcake says:

Oooh, you said c*ckels!

23. with ya it is precious but why is an otter on a leash, surely must be a rescue or rehab place I hope!

24. Kari Callin says:

Ummm…isn’t this the way Planet of the Apes got started? ;)

25. 6rabbits says:

*snerk…snort* Giving NTMTOM a run for his money, here! :lol:

26. anita772 says:

Oh, wow.
    *splort*

27. This is the dictionary definition of “what… I don’t even…”

28. Laura DragonWench says:

If I’m very, very good, and ask Santa nicely, may I please, please, PLEASE have my own otter? If it’ll help, I’ll build him his own vending machine. I promise!

29. The source of the video appears to be the Youtube channel of the staff of the Umitamago Aquarium, so I presume this awesome little dude lives at the aquarium and has trainers who love him.

30. wait…what?….play it again, again, again…

31. Four times so far…