Wanna Trade Places With Mary?

SURE you would! ‘Cause if you did, YOU’D BE BRUSHING BEBEH TREE BATS!!! GAAAAAAA!!!

“Here is a video of me brushing baby tree bats. These were all orphaned. We rescue ill, injured and orphaned wildlife for release back to the wild.” -Mary C.

Comments

1. Jugglegeese says:

I want to bury my face in that fur!

2. Elizabeth says:

I like the little one who was all, “Move left! No, up a bit! There’s the spot!”

It’s so hard to get people to scratch in the right place. I’ve been training my sweetie for years, and in theory zie understands language!!!

3. ShazzaNorth says:

So blonde, so WEE!

4. Desperately wish we could get some gripping-toe-hance action on these little babies.

5. Helen lyman says:

Cute beyond belief. I wish I could brush a tiny cute animal with a little brush like that.

6. I could feel my blood pressure getting lower as I watched this wonderful video. Now I’m so relaxed I’m ready for a nap!

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

My blood pressure dropped, too. Then I died, and now I’m a shambling abomination before God. :(

8. It’s a form of zombism, brought on by viral cute, usually transmitted visually. But instead of brains, we crave snorgeling fuzzy kitty bellies and floofie tree bats.

9. Thanks for posting the video! We also rescue ill, injured and orphaned coyotes, bobcats, foxes, raccoons, opossums, skunks, squirrels….bats.

10. The Original Jane says:

Wait, is she using a dental proxy brush that fits between your teeth? If so, those are some SMALL baby bats!

11. Yes, they are small baby red tree bats. Even as adults they are pretty small.

12. You are right about the brushes. My wife learned how to do this when she went to bat world bootcamp, a summer program taught by Bat World Sanctuary (think lil drac). I can tell that is where this video was filmed. Bat world has a great set up for bats, they rescue hundreds of orphans every summer. My wife didn’t want to leave, she loved it so much. Awesome facility. Bat world is the place where this brushing technique was developed and, like mary, hundreds of wildlife rehabbers around the world now use this method.

13. Sharon Wilson says:

So did that little red bat hanging around last week end up here too?

14. MinglesMommy says:

Are they hiring?????? LOL

15. They’re soooooooooooooooo floofy!!!!!!

16. 6rabbits says:

Total adult length is around 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches, so YES the babies are tiny! The Red Bat is unusual cos the mom has 1 to 5 babies in her litter! Also they roost openly in trees, hanging like leaves! I was privileged to witness a red bat mom coming and going from the tree in my front yard one summer, but never since. :-(

17. The brighter colored ones are males. The duller colored ones are females. Yes, we’re hiring but it’s all volunteer.

18. I demand a Rescute TAG!!!!

19. Wildlife rehabilitators have been brushing bats and other wildlife not to mention pets and farms animals for over 100 years if not longer. I’m just sayin’

20. Merissa says:

Brushy brushy, Mr. Wayne.

21. Go to Bat World Sanctuary’s youtube page and you will see lots of baby bats, including the beautiful baby reds. You will even see them being fed by hand, groomed and lots more. They are so cute!!!!

22. Holy ginger chiropteras, Batman!!!

23. The little bats in the video are actually Eastern red bats, L. borealis. These bats roost in trees throughout N. America. They are the only species that have the ability to have up to 5 pups every year. Where most species of bats give birth to a single young per year, the little red bat has to care for a brood. They are one of the most common species in the U.S. They eat a great deal of harmful insects, like mosquitoes and flies. Sadly they are under constant bird attack and because of the weight of their pups, once grounded they are helpless without intervention. These bats are found grounded quite often this time of the year, baby season. Please go to batworld.org in order to find out how to save them until you can get them to a licensed bat rehabilitator. The site also has a list of approved bat rehabilitators.

24. AWW :D

25. There are lots more photos and videos of baby bats and other baby wildlife such as bunnies, skunks, raccoons, opossums, foxes… in Animal Advocates’ YouTube and Facebook pages.

26. These bats actually mainly eat beetles, flying ants and moths. They don’t eat many mosquitos or flies. They are not the only species that have the ability to have up to five pups a year. There is a list of all wildlife rehabilitators in the United States, Canada and the world in Animal Advocates’ website http://www.AnimalAdvocates.us or you can just click on my photo to the left.

27. BatBlaster says:

Do you always say something like that?

28. BatBlaster says:

The fluffy makes me want to pet them…
    but they’d probably get scared and bite me lol.