Cute Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

UglyDogLogoRGBIt’s the 25th Anniversary of the World’s Ugliest Dog Contest, in Petaluma, CA. (Where Snoopy is from.) Now, we all know IN TRUTH these little fellows are absolutely QTE beyond belief. The winner gets a cash prize, photographer sesh, catered dinner, a trophy, and loads of adulation. The finals were tonight at the Sonoma-Marin Fair.

UPDATE: According to KTVU.com, our 2013 winner is………Walle!

winner

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Awww, these guys just want some love, they all do.

I will say that that’s a lot of missing teeth and hair

2. It’s always sweet to see how much their pet parents love them. You’re always beautiful in the eyes of those who love you.

3. kibblenibble says:

My favorite quote: “A dog’s beauty-any dog’s beauty-is on the inside.” :-) We should all be so beautiful.

4. doomchild says:

Precisely! And to hear people say they participate just to show that your pooch doesn’t need to be a well-trimmed show winner :)

5. Rachael says:

There is no such thing as an ugly dog. Some are more gorgeous than others but to me, they are all beautiful.

6. Blondie says:

I think Walle is wonderful…not ugly at all!!!

7. I don’t understand how Walle “won” I don’t see anything weird about him. He’s a beagle basset cross and quite cute… I’m so incredibly confused.

8. I suspect they got bored with Chinese Cresteds winning every year. Perhaps they should create a category just for Ugliest Chinese Crested.

9. Cynthia M says:

Walle isn’t ugly. Lester Holt, the NBC weekend anchor, even said that the consensus at NBC was that Walle was cute!

10. Cena Moine says:

This is so sweet. I love these cute little dogs, they bring happy tears to my eyes!