Nom Nom Bat

This isn’t a Lil’ Drac video, but eet’s close! Watch how this little Bat-Dude snarfs up dinner. (Turn up the speakers for the Nomming Sounds!) MMMMM, mealworms!

From Adam Cox.

Comments

1. I just canNOT get my head around this guy. Bats skeer me. And I had a bad mealworm experience in high school biology class. I’m trying to see the cute here, honest, but seem to miss it.

2. It’s ok Shari. Some cute is not for some people. I have a friend who passes out at the sight of a mouse/rat – even as a pet in a cage.

3. Saffron says:

Batty battersons makes better nomming sounds eating meal worms than Andrew Zimmern does. :D

4. Rachael says:

I see only the kitty/doggy/foxy little faces and the bright shiny eyes full of trust. I love those little guys. And the lip smacking, munching, gronching nom nom sounds… the icing on the cake. :)

5. pechekeene says:

This is cute! When the crunching started, my beagle went looking for the cats. She thought they got a snack and she didn’t!

6. I think he is actually gnupping rather than nomming.

7. Baby bat soo cute…mealworms and crunchy noises kind of skeevy though.

8. Thanks, Laura – I don’t hate this little guy and wouldn’t hurt him for the world. But I’m not all “awwwww!” like I am with Siamese kittens or baby ducklettes. Sigh.

9. sabrina rose says:

Yes, I thought that also. At first I wondered why they were feeding him cheese doodles! Then….I…..Realized! Icky Icky ick A real stomach-turner! But I’d gladly invite baby bat boy to my garden to consume bugs and slugs! Except bats don’t fly quite low enough for those.

10. Seems to me that insectivores in general are noisy eaters. It must be the exoskeletons.

11. Theresa says:

Well, since the Periodical Cicadas are emerging, it’s a good time to test the theory. :P

12. Theresa says:

I actually find bats extra-cute since they don’t seem like they would be cute– But then you see things about them that are so dear and sweet, like the mamma bats hanging upside down, holding their bebes . . . or Li’l Drac rocking himself to sleep. *snif*

13. Other languages have much cuter names for them. Fledermaus, chauve-souris…. I vote we officially rename them Goth Hamsters, as of as soon as possible.

14. My grandmother would be appalled at him eating wth his mouth open and chomping like that. On the other hand, she’d be appalled by the lack of utensils, napkins and oh yeah, a bat sitting on the table.

15. 6rabbits says:

Beagles…always about the food! :-)

16. But but ‘chauve-souris’ means ‘bald mouse’, lol!

17. ocelot252 says:

I’ll second the Goth Hamster name. Now we just need to put it to vote. All in favour?

18. Me, too, also! I third that motion!!

19. Holy chiroptera, Batman!!!

20. BatBlaster says:

Yay for the awesome title sequence, and then a multicolored bat eating worms.

21. “pass the ketchup, wouldja?” *burp*

22. saviiii says:

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM….

23. I fourth that motion!