Cat Scratch Feevah!

H’lo Everybody, this is Cat Scratch, your Meow Mix Master deejay, in tha house to-day.

9035232175_65b29d54ca_z
It’s a full on dance party comin’ at ya!

9035232559_d09f1395c1_z

9035232933_e31a52af6f_z
“I found this amazing turntable cat scratcher at a garage sale, and when I told them I was going to buy it for the no-kill shelter I volunteer for, they refused to take my money and made me take it for free. I decided to take some photos to show them how the kittens at the shelter enjoyed it. Here’s a link to the set on Flickr  in case you want to check out some of the others! The black kitten in these photos is named Squeakers, because every time the staff at the shelter picked him up, he squeaked!” – Andi M.

Comments

1. I have one of those for my two boys too! :D

2. Adorable! It was wonderful of those folks to give it to the shelter, and good of you to take such fun photos of it in use! That Squeakers sure has a cute tongue.

3. How fun! I gotta get me one of those… For my cats, of course… (koff)

4. So funny and cute!!!

5. Smartypants says:

Andi, great pix! And how nice of the garage-sale folks to donate the turntable!

6. Turntable cat scratcher is very cute and so is Squeakers. I’ve been told that short hair black cats are the hardest to place in forever homes. I don’t understant because I’ve had two in my life, one female Isis (gone over the Rainbow bridge) and one big male Boo, that I adopted last October, both absolute sweeties!

7. CoffeeCup says:

I guess there are a lot of superstitious people out there, since black cats are supposed to be bad luck. Or maybe because of their connotation to Halloween? Those are the only reasons I can think of for why they don’t get adopted as quickly.

8. Andi M. says:

Believe it or not these cuties are still available for adoption at Save-A-Pet in Grayslake, IL! Maybe someone on here wants an adorable new friend :) http://www.saveapetil.org

9. That URL again, http://www.saveapetil.org/

10. Lewis n' Clark says:

Actually, the color and lighting in a black cat or dog rooms/kennels makes a big difference in how they come off to the public. When the SF/SPCA remodeled their adoption center years ago, they paid specific attention to those details.

11. It is because they are hard to see in cages, and hard to photograph well. Without really good lighting a black cat looks like nothing. So for a shelter that doesnt have someone coming by who can take really good photos, they tend to be stuck.

12. I think that I need to buy that cat scratcher. I love those stickers!!!

13. They sell those on Wag.com. I’ve almost bought it a bunch of times. Too cute!

14. Queen of Dork says:

You know what? It’s very difficult for me to even describe in words how very, very much I adore cats.

15. Andi, I’d walk out of there with my pockets bulging and meowing. Thanks for helping these sweeties.

16. Clairdelune says:

Me too, Queen, me too!! A kitten’s face melts my heart, a soft paw turns me into a pile of goo… ;-D

17. I read somewhere that some shelters won’t allow black cat adoptions around Halloween *shudders*

18. CoffeeCup says:

Aw. I know people gauge cats based on looks, at least inititally. No one looks good under flourescent lights so I hope shelters can find volunteers with better skills in photography.

19. Love black cats! My family and i were owned by a black cat for 20 years. She was my first cat. My parents currently have 4 black cats in residence. They lost one to illness a few months ago, then adopted another around mother’s day. All are rescues.

20. Very well explained and very true. The same goes for black dogs and bunnies too.

21. kodalai says:

It’s true that black cats are hard to photograph. I have given up trying to capture the adorableness of mine on camera, because he just turns into a black hole in the middle of the photo with big green shiny eyes.

22. I would do the same thing, Kar :D