Guinea Peeg, You’ve Got Chain Mail!

Fear Not! Ne’er that kind of chain mail. This kind.
Verily, ye shall seek thee noble Guinea Peeg chain mail on eBay. ‘Tis most splendid! HUZZAH!

9037440106_6d68300004_z
Nikki K., what say you? “You HAVE to see this completely redonk eBay listing my vet’s office shared with me. There are a bunch of photos on the listing! This is a charity auction listing on eBay for a hand-made Guinea pig-sized chain mail and helmet to benefit the Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue“: Is your pet guinea pig tired of wandering around the house unarmored and vulnerable? Has your guinea pig ever wanted to go to a Renaissance Faire but had nothing to wear? This hand-made scale-mail and tiny steel helmet will keep your guinea pig protected and secure in all situations. The scale-mail is made from polished steel scales and steel rings. It was painstakingly “woven” by me over several weeks in an effort to better prepare my guinea pig Lucky for the dangers of the modern world. The helmet was purchased at a Renaissance Faire later as it was the perfect finishing touch. (Only 5 4 3 2 days left!)

Comments

1. Mamabear says:

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAAAAY!! Lord Pellets from House Peeg suits up to take on Jaime the Kingslayer. Go Team Peeg!

2. Technically that’s scale-mail .. cute none the less .. Who’s his Blacksmith ?

3. JenDeyan says:

If I hadn’t seen this picture, I would never believe such a thing existed.

And House Peeg is my new favorite Game of Thrones house. I have to run to work so someone else will have to come up with House Peeg’s saying (motto? I forgot what it’s called!).

4. Theresa says:

Going LARPing. BRB.

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

It’s a warpig :D

6. Blue Footed Booby says:

If you click the link, there’s mail under the scales. Not the historically accurate way to do it but this is pig armor so what the heck.

7. Saffron says:

A peeg of the Round Table!

there is an ad but you can skeep it.

8. House Peeg was invited to the big to-do at Lord Frey’s castle a couple weeks ago but, having read the books, Lord Pellets found something else to do.

9. Excellent!

10. Saffron says:

OMG, I have not been LARPing since my undergrad days. (and of course, when hallway costuming at cons, making sure to play ‘freak the mundanes’ and go to the local Burger King in full costume)

Thankies to Theresa for bringing back some very happy memories! <3 <3 <3

11. YAY! Thanks for posting this. I love that the peeg’s human took the time to make this little outfit. That’s a whole lot of love right there.

12. edmundh says:

A peeg! A peeg! My kingdom for a peeg!!

(Actually by the time of R3 and the WOTR they usually wear plate mail instead of scale.)

13. gangewifreweaving says:

omg i went to check out the ebay listing for it and the bid is up to $445.00!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!

14. Sir Wheeks-A-Lot has decided to defend his honor … or brussel sprouts. yeah, he’s prolly ready to keep Roguish dinner stealers at bay

15. Smartypants says:

Best. Pet. Outfit. Ever.

16. You have looted an item! Wheepscale Breastplate of the Piggeh. + 4 stamina, – 20 dexterity, + 5000 adorableness.

17. Eh, do mundanes still get freaked out? Here in Atlanta, they tend to ask to pose with you for pictures.

18. The bid is up to $1325.00 !!!

19. poniesss says:

When worn in battle, buff Dragon Pig is activated, granting Invincibility (deflect all physical and magical damage) for 10 minutes. (at which point the Pig will throw off the armor due to overheating)

20. *starts humming Rains of Hamstermere*

21. Killer Klown says:

It’ll pair up nicely with this:

or this:

22. I’ve heard that the Romans had a type of armor (lorica plumata) that consisted of scales attached to mail. Allegedly a very expensive type of armor typically worn by generals and such — and the fact that the guinea pig version has been bid up to $5,400 seems to bear this out.

23. While the protection is excellent, the weight and mobility restrictions of this type of armor would limit its use to mounted cavyphracts.

24. ‘Tis now $15, 300. shiny ones. Verily.

25. well you cant just go Cavy walk about into mordor unprotected now can you.

26. Presently, $21, 400.!

27. 8O

28. kathleen says:

And closed at $24,300.00! What a magnificent impact GP Lucky and his human have made upon the Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue!

29. Good choice, Lord Pellets. I heard it was a nice day for a red wedding…

30. war pig! cool