Howdy Stranger!

When you move to a new place it is good to smile and be friendly to the locals. It will make you feel less like a stranger.

8736334348_569cb283c3_z
Ehh, who are you calling stranger?

8736334866_2b96b0d555_z
“Kanga, the Boston Terrier moves from the High Seas to the Bayou.” -Pictures taken by mom, Shannon C., at Lake Fausse Point Park in Louisiana.

Comments

1. lisaLASSIE says:

“I’m gonna bark one day, come what may, on the Bayou.
    Where the dogs have scales, and long ratty tails, on the Bayou.
    With their long long snoots, and their tiny eyes: in looks they are no prize.
    But they sure can dig, and they’re not too biiiiiiiig, on The….Bay….ooooooooo!!!!!!

2. arma-dillo style!
    arm
    arm arm arm
    arma-dillo style!

3. 260Oakley says:

Laissez les Boston temps roulez!

4. Let the Smiley Competition begin! Who’s the lesser stranger? Who can smile and be comfortable the most? Ready . . . .SET . . . . GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Tim McDaniel says:

Fun fact – among the few aminals that can get Hansen’s disease (leprosy) are humans and armadillos!

Some years ago, I saw an article in the Dallas paper about a high-school football player who, for fun, would go out back and wrassle armadillos. He was a bit puzzled when he started to develop white patches of skin, and I think he started to lose sensation in his extremities. They caught the case in time and the antibiotics worked.

“The armadillo is also a natural reservoir for Chagas disease.”

So: cute, but probably best to leave them alone.

6. mICHELLE says:

Both expressions are priceless. The second one says, “The hell ….?”

7. Yikes! good to know … (not that I’ve ever encountered one up here, but just in case ..)

8. (I heard that in Geoff Peterson voice.. :D )

9. That puppeh looks totally nonplussed in the second photo!!

10. True, that, never touch an armadillo. Also, no gardening without gloves if they’ve been digging around…

11. Fird Birfle says:

so Bahstan is in Louisian??? :)

12. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Geoff Peterson !!!

13. They wrassled armadillos? I guess cow tipping is so 20th century.

14. Les Bahstan roulez le monde!

15. Je suis non-plussez.

16. Theresa says:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Brilliant.

17. Theresa says:

Is that in code??

18. Theresa says:

Shouldn’t that be “Je ne suis pas plussez”? :P

19. Theresa says:

PS I LOVE this pup’s kisser. Smoochable to the max!

20. Marjorie Berkowitz says:

Les Bahstan reignent sur le monde, bien sur (with a circumflex on the u). Mais le monde roule, comme ca (with a cedilla under the c), comme toujours, comme jamais…Comme je suis philosophe ce matin! Ou (with a grave on the u) est mon cafe (with an aigu on the e)?

21. Warbled in The Big O’s operatic tones.

22. I share puppeh’s non-plussedness. Of all the things I imagined for the second photo, an armadillo would have been way down the bottom of the list.

23. When I was in El Paso, Texas, we referred to armadillos as “possum on the half shell”!!!

24. CajunKid says:

I’m glad this pup and his humans paid a visit to Lake Fausse Point, but please keep the little guy on a leash at all times, and keep a keen eye on his whereabouts. Alligators. He’s such a precious little one!

25. jennymeuninck says:

Armadillos can carry leprosy, so don’t touch!