Waiter, There’s Something In My Food

Mango the kitteh is wondering just how he can get to his dinner. Mr. McMouseketeer doesn’t care about that- he got there first.

8960576518_a65557d1c2_z

Comments

1. Should be an “impending doom” tag here.

2. fish eye no miko says:

There’s a food in my food!

3. I’m wondering how that mouse is still sitting there without a care in the world …

4. Templeton’s lost a lot of weight apparently.

5. I love these meeses and pieces!

6. olivialovesfurrycreatures says:

Indeed. I’m scared for the little dude.

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

Reminds me of the zoo leopard snuffling a mouse, except he actually prods the mousie with his nose. It was posted here ages ago with a title like “my food is eating my food.”

8. Mango’s food disagrees with him…about being his food :lol:

9. Why in the world would anyone “Ask for trouble” like that .. silly little mouse

There goes the cat’s diet

10. tenshihitomi says:

A faaair is a veeeritable smorgasbord orgasbord orgasbord!

11. mindadale says:

Sometimes my pet bird is no smarter than this mousie. She climbs lower and lower on the outside of her cage with the kitteh sitting right there (don’t worry–we’re watching closely…and laughing). I think their eye placement works better for avoiding predators in the wild than in our homes!

12. Clairdelune says:

Maybe mousie is hard of hearing??

13. Yes, it quite cute but this is where toxoplasmosis, plagues and viruses come from. X_X

14. 6rabbits says:

Second impending doom tag!

15. Catwhisperer says:

16. If that mouse did that in our home, our cat, Dooley, would grab said mouse and pound the life out of it! Believe me, I have removed a few mouse bodies from our home in the past and placed in plastic bags for disposal!

17. Hey, germs are cute to other germs.

18. Domestic mice are different in temperament from their wild cousins, the way dogs are different from wolves even if they are the same species. I bet domestic mice have a lot of their fear bred out of them and have gotten really, really dumb about survival.

I have a pet rat and sometimes let her be with my boyfriend’s cat, under very close supervision. The cat is curious about this wiggly furry thing with a dangly tail and keeps batting at the rat, but doesn’t show lethal intent, and the rat doesn’t have a care in the world. But rats are generally not of much interest to cats for food anyway: rats are too big, and would put up a good fight and possibly win.

19. I can actually hear Paul Lynne’s voice…

20. Theresa says:

Ohai! My fud has a fud.

21. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats says:

Domestic mice do behave differently than wild mice, yes. However, this particular McMousersons does not look domestic to me. Pretty sure he’s nobody’s pet.