I Got Rhythm, I Got Music…

…I got my man. Who could ask for anything more?

Concept/headline/submission by Megan W. Lyrics by I. Gershwin. Video post by B. Rogers.

Comments

1. Whee! Love those hot chorus gulls!

2. lisaLASSIE says:

I’m afraid you’d have to be very gullible to think he is actually tap dancing.

3. I’ve got puddles I’ve got sidewalks, I’ve got Dance Moves who could ask for anything MORE!!!!!

4. OH MAH GOSH.

Firdie, where are you? When I saw this, I thought of this, and when I thought of this, I thought of you:

5. Oh for crying out loud. I’m laughing like a hyena here!

6. Birdcage says:

I want Firdie to come back.

7. PS: Just a nitpick. The MUSIC to “I Got Rhythm” is by George Gershwin. The lyrics are by his brother, Ira Gershwin.

8. FIRDIE! FIRDIE! FIRDIE! FIRDIE!

9. So noted!

10. Love how he’s looking down at his feet while he taps them. Ha!

I just wish the camera man/woman had zoomed in on him… closer up would have been awesome.

11. I miss Firdie’s outrrageous Frawnsh

12. And only Angus McGonagle, the argyle gargoyle gargles
    Gershwin!!

13. Audition for happy feet 4 ?

14. They do this to simulate the sound of rainfall… so the insects/worms come up to the surface.

Uuuuuuuunforutnately for him, it’s not as effective on concrete. ;)

15. rescue gal says:

Oh dear- next you are going to tell me there is no Easter Bunny!

16. I’ve seen gulls do this amongst spawning horseshoe crabs in order to stir the eggs up, but what would the gull be stirring up here?

17. 6rabbits says:

Can someone tell me why FB has disappeared–is she okay? I reeeallly miss her commentary. I love CO regardless, but it’s just not as fun without her. :-( [No offense to the OTHER wonderful, witty, compassionate peeps who congregate here!] :-)

18. Theresa says:

8O

19. Rachael says:

I see what you did there, lisaLASSIE. :)

20. Rachael says:

I couldn’t agree more. I’m really worried about her. :(

21. fleurdamour says:

Seavion Gullver!

22. Just got an email from Fird. She’s alive! Yay!! Hopefully she’ll be back here to keep us jolly soon… :)

23. Fird Birfle says:

KA CHING BAYBEE

24. Fird Birfle says:

*giggle* @ Theresa: YES that is quintessential early SNL. Existentialism at its confusing best !!!!

25. Fird Birfle says:

velly velly nahce maam now just end it with the phrase JAZZ LEGS ;)

26. Fird Birfle says:

I think it’s effective in another way tho :) HE/ she MADE US LOOK !!! ;)

27. Fird Birfle says:

EHRMAGAWD somebody managed to SHOCK THERESA !!!!!!

28. Lewis n' Clark says:

YAAAAYYY – “Our Firide’s back and there’s gonna be trouble – hey la, hay la, our Firdie’s back!”

29. Fird Birfle says:

I thought the same (closer) however possibly it was an unanticipated dance rehearsal….

30. Fird Birfle says:

*motorcycle revvs in the background…*

31. Fird Birfle says:

mais pourquoi?? *shifty eyes*

32. that made me giggle

33. YAY!!!!! Fird!!!

34. Fird Birfle says:

oh mah GOO’ NESS you all am surely nice folks !!! :) smooches to you !!!

If anyone promises to only send me items with white picket fences around them, I did finally get a functioning FB page (the very first one I had died on the vine/ hacking,,,, then it took a few rounds with FB to convince them that I am me, myself ….) which I monitor quite a bit but there are still times when I don’t post anything for 12 hours at a time, etc. So anybody who wants to talk about unicorns and goats and happy things I would likely friend but sometimes the activities in my daily life mean that I’m not even seeing everything immediately as they might come to my inbox… some delays. However here is the url if anyone happy is interested and THANKS AGAIN you guys/ gals for giving me some shreds of confidence!!! Y’all ROCK. YAY MEG
    (PS yes it is listed as below and does not have my name in the url. You will see my name AND the phrase Fird Birfle on the page itself though …) *shifty eyes*

dana.aspen@facebook.com

35. Fird Birfle says:

(PS: this Sat should be a FUN day in Fird Birfle’s world….)

36. Fird Birfle says:

bon soir :)

37. Fird Birfle says:

*waves at Rachael* (which means I’m waving toward all four compass direkshons b/c I have NO IDEA about where you are locayted — ???) ;)

38. Fird Birfle says:

also hi birdcage !!! thank you for being concerned !!! Y’all are so groovy baybee

39. Theresa says:

*Breaking out the extra- pompom-y pompoms*

40. Theresa says:

I am often shocked, but never surprised. :P

41. ;- }

42. He is reminiscent of a Muppet tap-dancing chicken.

43. Fird Birfle says:

44. Fird Birfle says:

*pulls out the crayolas to make a sign*

45. 6rabbits says:

*hires band to play rousing music while Theresa breaks out the pom-poms!*
    Cupcakes with all kinds of sprinkles and lemonade are set up in the mod lounge!
    *chants* Fird is BACK…Fird is BACK…FIRD IS BACK!!!!!! :-) :-)

46. 6rabbits says:

HI FIRD BIRFLE!!!!!! :-)
    Hmmm…maybe I’ll have to actually join FB…[imagine me kicking, screaming and digging my heels into the ground–see any “2-year-old tantrum” video]

“…some shreds of confidence…” ? Um…remind me again who won CO Commentator of the Year?…the first time it was ever given, even?!? *right eyebrow arched, a la Spock, foot tapping, arms akimbo* Just sayin’ :-)

47. Fird Birfle says:

*blushes becomingly* (btw? I LOVE lemonade)

48. mplsdeb says:

Nicely done..worthy of oakley.

49. Deborah Kogan says:

I understand that it is to put pressure on the sand or soil, so worms will come to the surface. Unfortunately, this is being done on bricks…

50. Deborah Kogan says:

Love it! Thanks for sharing!