Coco Quacks

(Sounds like a cereal, dunnit?) Nevertheless, take a look and give a listen as Coco gets the deluxe brush treatment (and try to ignore the vertigo-inducing camera work.)

From jspsbp.

1. Who can identify that TV theme song in the background before Coco starts to quack? It’ll drive me crazy!!

2. rescue gal says:

I Love Lucy!

3. There’s a certain couple that I know.
    They’re strictly lovebirds,
    A pair of turtle dove birds.
    He’s a guy who wants the world to know.
    So ev’ry day
    You’ll hear him say

I Love Lucy and she loves me,
    We’re as happy as two can be,
    sometimes we quarrel but then again
    How we love making up again.

Lucy kisses like no one can,
    She’s my missus and I’m her man;
    And life is heaven you see
    Cause I Love Lucy
    Yes I Love Lucy
    and Lucy loves me.

4. It sounds like Donald Duck (or Daisy, if you must) quacking “nein, nein, nein” during the early parts there.

5. Yep, my thought exactly.

6. Mine too. Definitely Donald, rather than a ‘real’ duck.

7. (Why did I feel the need to put ‘real’ in scare quotes, as if there aren’t real ducks???)

8. No, it´s DAFFY Duck! ;)

9. sounds like Teddy Bear the precocious porcupine

10. The Original Jane says:

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. Teddy has some competition.

11. Christine says:

somebody’s going to lose a limb there

12. Indeed. Vigorous reverse-brushing of the wayback with what appears to be a flea comb? I’d be growling, too…

13. I wouldn’t groom my cat in bed, wow, ha! I usually do it outside.

14. I heard (on Animal Planet) that cats can make some 150 different sounds. I’m starting to believe it!

15. Coco sounds (and looks) just like my Nini (also a tortie!!)

16. Coco looks like our cat, Badger, who is also a tortie but does not do that when we brush her :D Badger just PURRS :D

17. Blue Footed Booby says:

I used to live with a cat that quacks (I’ve talked about her before, she’s the fat gray land manatee who liked to pull my chest hair). She was the sweetest, loviest creature after I convinced her to stop biting me. I inexplicably miss her, even the needlessly complicated process of extracting her from my room at bedtime so I wouldn’t get nardstomped at three in the morning.

18. The tale of your nardstomping land manatee made me lol :D

19. wuyizidi says:

lol, I sometime call my cat kittypotamus.

20. :lol: AWW :lol: What a thing to call your dear sweet kitty, Blue Footed Booby :lol:

21. Hahaha, Daffy Cat!

22. I’d sure eat Coco Quacks! And yeah, from the looks of it, I’d say Coco was eating too much Coco Quacks already!

23. I had a quacking cat once: Pinky of blessed memory (who truly was pink). I had trained her to answer the question, “Pinky, how do ducks go?” by making her characteristic “Quack!” I once convinced the chair of the department I was teaching in at the time that I was such a good instructor, I had taught my cat to speak duck.

24. Hmm, I detect a very ticked off cat.

25. Oh, no! She loves it, I guarantee. We have a tortie, too, and she makes very similar noises when she’s blissed out from being petted. She also chirps at us, just like the kitty in the video did at the beginning, when we cough or when she’s sleepy and laying in hubby’s lap.

When she’s really in ecstasy, her tail puffs out, starting at the base. I used to think she was mad – no, that only happened when I stopped petting her because I made silly human assumptions!

And she knows how to play “fetch”. She wanders around with her toy in her mouth, yelling, and then she drops it for us and chirps.

She has turned me into that crazy lady who goes on for paragraphs on the internet about tortoiseshell cats. :)

26. Sharon Wilson says:

I’d say she sounds more like a gremlin than a duck…