Flower Power

Remember what Flower Power looked like back in the 60’s? (Without having to go to Google Images.) You know—the Dead, the Airplane, Haight-Ashbury, a sit-in at Berkeley, free speech, power to the people. The Man is keepin’ us down. “Look what’s happening out in the streets- got a revolution, got to revolution.”

Can you dig it?

Tigrou, the coolest cat on earth. From Camille G.

1. CoffeeCup says:

Tigrou looks like he or she is going to be out for revenge later. Hide your shoes, Camille G.

2. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Naw, she’s not mad, she’s just mellow/sleepy from gettin’ high on catnip. She’s a “cool cat” (pun fully intended)

P.S. Marmies rule!

3. skippymom says:

This is the most awesome picture I have ever seen.

4. I know right. Stunning, this kitteh is just stunning.

5. Can you dig it? I knew that you could.

6. “I don’t smoke grass, I LIE in it.”

7. Or, should that be “LAY”?

8. Ann Rae Jonas says:

“I lie in it” is present tense. “I lay in it” would be past tense. BUT “I lay the water bowl on the floor” is present tense, and “I laid the water bowl on the floor” is past tense.

9. English is so cool! :)

10. Clairdelune says:

Yeah, cool, but it can give you a headache. :-(

11. SlaveToCat says:

Is that an album cover of Catly Simon or Carole King Cat?
    It doesn’t matter. A pretty kitty, daisy jewelry, sunshine, and some grass is all you need. (Inhales deeply and hold hold hold hold aaaaaahhhhhh).

12. Earworm warning:
    Lay, kitty, lay, lay across my big grass bed.

13. :D

14. skippymom says:

15. skippymom says:

Or if kitty happens to be a habitual prevaricator, we could say “The lying cat lay on the grass”.

16. Out in the middle of the lea.

17. With a lei on his head.

18. :)

19. Groovy, man. You headed down to Monterrey this weekend for the concert, man? Jimi is gonna be there, man. And I can use a lift, man.

20. Saffron says:

I also dig that scene…as long as there are no squares or anyone from the establishment there.
    I will be wearing my fave outfit from then…a patchwork maxi skirt, peasant blouse and a peace sign pendant.

21. Well THIS explains a lot. After traipsing across the country in a VW Van, trying to shake a bad catnip habit, Oliver Donovan has finally found his long-lost mother.

22. skippymom says:

Hi, Nikki!

23. Hi Skippy!! Smooch! :)

24. You want some? It’s chamomile…

(…and yes, the flowers do actually appear to be)

25. Desdemona says:

Ah, yes. With a little patchouli oil behind the ears . . .

26. gart246 says:

If you go to San Francisco, be sure to wear flowers in your hair er fur.

27. tenshihitomi says:

28. sorry haven’t been reading e-mails had death in family will be back soon!

29. Madame X says:

My condolences, Pastorsvoice

30. Rachael says:

So sorry for your loss. :(

31. AWW :cry: I am so sorry to hear that, pastorsvoice :cry: (BIG CYBER HUG)

32. Martha in Washington says:

“If you remember the 60’s, you weren’t really there.” Peace, man! :D

33. Yeah you’re right. But I do remember the 60’s anyway even if I was not a full participant. I did begged my mother to let me go to Woodstock but she warned me of dire consequences if I dared to go, so I didn’t go.

I was 12 and she was scarry :lol:

34. whawhawhatsis says:

Yeah, I begged my mom to let me go to Woodstock, too, and she just laughed. But my girlfriend got to go. ::pouts:: I was 15 — hey, I was old enough, right?

35. Listening to Donovan on iTunes. “I’m just mad about Saffron…” Favorite 60s song of all time tho, not even close- Along Comes Mary, The Association.

36. Madame X says:

Kitteh reminds me of a 60s album cover with a pretty blonde girl with daisies on her hair, but for the life of me I can’t remember which one, between my advanced age and me having come of age during the 70s (I was 11 in the Summer of Love…)

37. I remember that album cover too – but not whose album it was. (Gen X/Y: “what’s an ‘album’?”)

38. Clairdelune says:

What a gorgeous orange tiger!!!

39. I love this picture. What a treasure.

40. :lol: Tigrou is most certainly the coolest cat on earth, Camille G. :lol:

41. Oceanview says:

I keep hearing Catifornia Dreaming.

42. “Golden orange, texture like sun
    Lays me down with my mind she runs”