Close Encounters Of The Chiquita Kind

Gyoza here. Hoomin left this on the table. Hideously tortured it by peeling back its skin and ingesting most of it. Then left the carcass to wither and die. Must investigate this, though imminent peril may await. Will I suffer the same fate?

Unknown.

Wish me luck- I’m going in.

Spotted on MSN Now via YT post by cattycatzcatz.

Comments

1. omg I don’t want to do a spoiler here but oh goodness that ending..

2. Kitteh had a perfect banana split.

3. JenDeyan says:

We wose more putty-tats dat way.

4. SlaveToCat says:

Upon discovering the rotting carcass in his office, Crime Boss Kitty Kat, peeled out of the area knowing he was being framed by the Dog.

5. Oh. My. Goodness. Sudden laughter made me double over and almost crack my skull on the keyboard.

6. emmmjama says:

Second viewing. Know what’s coming. Same effect.
    I’ve found the Fountain of Happiness!!!!!

7. Kari Callin says:

Banana peel: 1
    Cat: A freakin’ hilarious 0! :D

8. OMG! I’m laughing so hard I’m wheezing!

9. I usually don’t think that scaring a cat on purpose is funny but when they do it to themselves?
    Heck yes!! I can’t stop laughing!!!

10. I assumed the hoomin didn’t expect that reaction so it wasn’t “on purpose”.

11. Yorekani says:

By the way… there is already a gif of it out there (taken from cheezburger)
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7457306112/h756471A8/ =^-^=

12. So adorable!! When my cats get scared (Usually when I move my leg after it hasn’t moved for a while and they are close to it) they jump straight up into the air!! I love when that happens because it’s so rare :)

13. Theresa says:

1. What an adorable stripey cat. Very Kliban-ish.
    2. His name is Gyoza??? BWAHAHAHA!
    3. So his misgivings were correct- those banana peels are dynamite!

14. Bwah!!

15. Omg, my cat LOVES bananas. He comes running as soon as I open one, then sits at my feet and meows most piteously. He’d be trying to eat the peel if I left it on the table!

16. 260Oakley says:

When the Dog was arrested for ‘nanaslaughter, the police read him his Carmen Miranda rights.

17. Mine loves banana peels! She doesn’t really care for the banana itself, but if I ever have any around I have to hide them– I’ve definitely come into the kitchen to find several bananas with holes chewed through the peels.

18. Saffron says:

Best ending evar.
    Sometimes all you can do to explain their behavior is say “Cats are weird”. :D

19. I literally just fell off my chair laughing.

20. Attack of the Killer Bananas!

21. Did not expect that level of longitude. And for such a chunky (cute) kitty!

22. *touch*

*gasp* IT MOVED!!!

23. Banabbby!

24. bcb61bcb61 says:

I think cats have an atavistic fear of snakes. That thing might have fired those snake neurons in his brain. I once saw my own cat freak out over a pile of pennies in those red and white striped coin wrappers. I guess it looked like a poison snake.

25. However, he managed to split from Jail and left the Country with Chiquita, his moll. They’re now Foster parents.

26. OMG, this made me laugh so hard. Talk about a scaredy cat! I wonder if they ever tried (or will try) it again to see how the cat reacts!

Regarding the fear of snakes, wouldn’t the cat be able to tell by smell that something is not a snake?

27. My little kitten realized the kitchen counters were prime real estate when he saw a banana peeking over the edge. I could see it in his eyes…

28. I totally mis-read the word “pennies” the first time. Suddenly this story got reaaaaally weird!

29. mplsdeb says:

I am glad I wasn’t drinking anything at the time or it would have shot straight out my nose. That was hilarious. Cats are such goons.

30. 8O