Suddenly, Penguins in Dashikis

To welcome a delegation of African leaders to Japan, the Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise park held a parade of penguins of African origin dressed in colorful tunics. So far, there’s no word if they’ll be coming to America.

Comments

1. Saffron says:

So a while back we saw penguins in sweaters…now they are in dashikis. Their fashion fierceness is much better than mine….
    Werk it, penguins!:D

2. What, the tuxedos weren’t formal enough??

3. Andi in NC says:

watching them “hop hop” down the stairs combined with the japanese cool jazz in the background took me out!!!!

4. Yes! I could watch them popping down the stairs all day….and I think I just might!

5. Every time I think I’ve seen it all, CO comes up with something new. Those penguins are adorable.

6. emmmjama says:

Good one! However, judging by the lack of formation and floats, it seems to have been a rather informal parade.

7. Ffanffan says:

Make me wanna do this!! Get a baby penguin pet!!

8. SixFootJen says:

“Coming to America.” I see what you did there.

9. Not to be a whiner or anything, [shifty eyes] but this is SO unfair!!! When I got to feed the penguins at my local zoo, I was NOT allowed to touch them! Much less picke them up and dress them in cute little outfits!! [pouty face]

10. Why are they picking them up to get a treat instead of just handing them the fish?

11. sabrina rose says:

Hearty applause for a clever idea and a fine group of penguins!! As they hopped down the stairs, they looked a bit as if they were bowing their heads to the delegation. I hope the African leaders were suitably impressed and charmed!

12. The Original Jane says:

gif time!

13. The Original Jane says:

Incredible!

14. Probably so they don’t all rush at the fish at the same time.

15. The casting for Antartican version of the Seven Samauri is running into problems, namely going up a flight of stairs.

16. Our Daily Fred says:

Actually tuxedos are semi-formal evening wear, thus they are inappropriate for outdoor daytime receptions. Penguins are one of nature’s more naturally fashionable creatures. But thank you for the opportunity to offer an explanation.

17. Ah, that makes sense. I guess a penguin stampede could get pretty messy. ;)

18. I noticed that too! I guess this is the first time I’ve ever seen penguins go down stairs, maybe they all do it that way. Uber cute!

19. OMG. Them hopping down the stairs is just the cutest, most adorable thing EVAH! :D

20. RI-DI-CU-LOUS!! I just hate when animals are used for show and dressed. Pet peeve. I won’t apologize for it. This is stupid! Big time.

21. It’s not like the clothing is out of range, and the penguins, as many other animals could, would easily remove the items were they offensive or irritating.

22. Oh come on! If they were that bright and agile to do that, the humans in there would not allow it.

Those animals must have been stressed out of their mind! Sad. Really sad.