Ray Charles Is Boston Strong!

263298_392831327497184_514430417_nThis is Ray Charles. He was born blind back in December, but Yahoo! Sports says the disability hasn’t slowed Ray Ray down one bit, nossir. It seems Ray was adopted by a Boston family, and now there’s a online petition to have Ray drop the puck at an upcoming Boston Bruins hockey game. (Click the image at left for Ray’s Facebookster.) GO RAY! BOSTON STRONG!

8904405274_66bd0de039_c

Clipboard01

This video doesn’t bring much new to the table, but we’re adding it simply so you can hear this HIGHLY-caffeinated British news announcer.

And this Facebook video from yesterday shows Ray has no problem getting around!

Photo 1: Faux Sports Twitter.
Photo 2: Yahoo! Sports.
Second video & Pawnail: Ray’s FB.

Comments

1. skippymom says:

It’s making me sad seeing this guy sitting here with no comments, so may I just say: Hooray for Ray, you are awesome!

2. Saffron says:

Ray is Strong!!!
    Maybe he can play for the Pats too this year? Gronk will probably be out for more surgeries so there will be an opening in the roster. :D

And HOORAY for a resQte story!

3. He makes any outfit look good! What a cutie.
    Sparkly pom-pom cheer for his hoomins!

4. Laura @ Sawan-Heaven says:

Go Ray! He has the sweetest little face. :o)

5. The pajama pic kills me. What a cutie.

6. Dr.weasel says:

With his “eyesight”‘ he really should be wearing the uniform with stripes!

7. Rachael says:

I’ve had that picture hanging in my office since it first came out. Even people who don’t care that much for dogs get all goopy and go “awwwww.” It might be the cutest pic of all time.

8. Meerkat says:

What a great doggie! I’m really glad he has a good home and is an internet star! BTW that presenter wasn’t on caffeine, she’s naturally bouncy! Not all us Brits are laid-back and unenthusiastic you know!!

9. How about taking Ray to do something HE would enjoy, instead of going to a strange place where a zillion people will be yelling? It seems to me that the owner just wants his 15 minutes of fame and free game tickets by exploiting his dog.

10. Furbabies says:

Nazani – so negative.

11. Nazani, I’m with you. And as darling as Ray is in his little outfits, I can’t imagine he is enjoying getting dressed up as much as we are enjoying seeing him like that.

12. There is something really heartbreaking to me about dressing up this dear dog. HE is getting NOTHING out of it. It feels like the owners are exploiting him a wee bit.