Yo Digger, Let Me Check Your Molars!

Take a look People! Bonedigger is a five year old lion, and Milo is a seven-year old Dachshund. It seems that Bonedigger was born with a bone disease, and as a result, Milo took him under his wing paw. Get all the deets here.

8806636097_fcceedb060_z

8806635829_de0dec7322_z

8806636551_d3db04c68b_o

8817221096_84b1a9c948_z
All photos by Barcroft USA, and submeeted by Fleurdamour and several keen-eyed Cuteporters.

Comments

1. Birdcage says:

I lurves me some inter-species snorgling / dental work. But gosh: it all makes me a wee little bit nervoso.

2. what_lesley_loves says:

LOLing at Birdcage. Feel the same way. Even cats like sausage. It’s funny, we have a dachshund who cleans our sharpei/lab mix’s teeth… a lot. I think it’s a doxy thing. Anyway, this was THE BEST, thanks CO!

3. fleurdamour says:

Gentle giant and dental dachshund!

4. minimoppel says:

At 0:46 it looks as if he’s gonna sneeze.
    Weeeeeeee…..flying Dachshund.

5. Rachael says:

Okay, time to shut down the interwebz because now we have seen it all. :)

Good job, Fleurdamour.

6. Mamabear says:

*Raucous applause*

7. Yay, Fleurdamour, what a great find! This must be the mellowest lion in the world (and the world’s bravest dachshund) :)

8. SlaveToCat says:

giggle
    gentle dental dachshund.
    giggle gigglety fits.

9. SlaveToCat says:

Hey Milo if you see hot dog buns toasting on the grill……skip Bonedigger and go on to your next dental cleaning patient.

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

Yeah, this is an extraordinarily gentle-natured and tolerant lion. All it would take is one playful pat to smoosh Senor Weiner. He’s just begging to be named Aslan.

11. Theresa says:

Heee! What an awesome family!

12. Fleudamour, you do daily kibble every morning too? :)

13. laineyg6 says:

What fun! That little Milo is so persistent when it comes to cleaning Bonedigger’s teeth. It’s scary, but once again demonstrates the amazing ability of animals to adapt in the most interesting ways.

14. Anonymoose says:

At the very bottom of the article, it mentions that the park where these adorable guys chill was damaged heavily during the Oklahoma tornadoes last week and they are about to get hit again! They are accepting donations here: http://donateoklahoma.usza.us//

15. Or Clarence :lol: (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daktari if you don’t know him)

16. Mmm…tastes like hot dogs. :p

17. Lions – especially the males – are really incredibly docile animals that only exhibit the ferocity and violence they’re “famous” for when hungry and hunting. Even in documentaries you can see a well-fed pride just lazing about while all their prey is grazing around them.

18. I loved that! I think it was the “I smell something weird” kitty face, awesome to see that even lions make that face!

19. This reminds me of a Woody Allen quote about the lion lying down with the lamb, but lamb will not be very sleepy.

20. Why is someone humming hakuna matata?

21. I love how the lion’s tongue is AS BIG AS THE DACHSHUND’S HEAD

22. tame that cat good dog!

23. Blue Footed Booby says:

There’s a great video of a group of lionesses spotting an approaching male, bum rushing him to protect their cubs (when lions take over a pride they tend to kill all the cubs of other males), then realizing partway through the beatdown that he’s part of their pride. One of the lionesses goes in for the lovey head rub and he has a look on his face like “I hate you all so much.”

Unfortunately I can’t find it.

24. Blue Footed Booby says:

Not sure if this is it, but it captures the experience

25. Yuri Bell says:

I volunteer at the fair each year (big cat show), and the Wynnewood park is one of the places the cats come from. Some years ago, one of the babies was a crippled lion. I think they called him Risky, but I wonder if he grew up to be Bonedigger. I hope so–he was a good cat and ‘digger seems quite happy.

26. Indeed, laineyg6 :D

27. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Bonedigger?? He is named after a line in a Paul Simon song!! (“You Can Call Me Al”)