Could We Try Another Pattern?

I can pretty much nail the colors, but I kind of have a problem with bicycles. Can you wear something with sailboats, maybe? Or how about skateboards?

Via Ray Bouknight.

Comments

1. He may not have bicycle splotches, but his coloring is perfectly matchingks. He’s sooo purdy!

2. Mikeyfur says:

And he’s quite nicely situated over one of the bikes. He appears to be riding a unicycle! What talent!

3. Ayeesha says:

That is incredibly cool!

4. Theresa says:

Chameleons: Turret eyes, color changing abilities, prehensile tails, epic grumpface. What’s not to love?

5. SlaveToCat says:

Just imagine how fast you could get ready to go to work if you could match yourself to any piece of clothing you brush up against. Green pumps, pink skirt, black with white poka dots blouse…. No problem they all match.

6. SlaveToCat says:

Just wondering out loud. If a Chameleon were to be color blind how would that effect it’s color pallet choices.

7. Oh wow! I didn’t realize that the chameleon color palette included pastels!
    Looks like his back tot* is pedaling the unicycle vrooooom!

*Tot’s as in “tater tot” is what we refer to kitty paws in my house, our fluffy blonde cat Puddin has such floofy toes they look like yummy tater tots :)

8. Theresa says:

Chameleons on bikes have a track record on CO!

9. fish eye no miko says:

Not all chameleon species change to match their surroundings. They also change in reaction to their environment (but not to blend in), to signal mates, etc. And some species don’t change color at all.

10. fish eye no miko says:

Hee!
    [imagines circus music playing as he rides]

11. That is amazing and hillarious at the same time!

12. You forgot clampy hands and feet.

13. Beautiful coloring.

14. lisaLASSIE says:

Many turn different colors for different emotions.

15. Today I saw the strangest colored chameleon on my front porch as I was sweeping up. It was greenish-black with black stripes from the tip of its nose to about 1/3 of its tail, then it was white with black stripes along the rest of its tail. Gawking at it, wondering what in the world was going on (I had heretofore only seen chameleons in all green with white bellies), my eyes suddenly fell on the door mat. My door mat is dark-green blotched with some white, while the spaces between the little raised dark-green blotches are black. I can only surmise that the chameleon had been trying to look like my door mat, because those colors on it were just not like any chameleon colors I’ve ever seen. I mean, stripes? All along its body? I think that most of its tail was still white (although it had black stripes) because I might have disturbed it before it finished camouflaging itself. Perhaps there is another explanation for that insane coloring, but whatever the explanation, that has to be the coolest thing I’ve seen in a mighty long time. Uh, someone needs to clue that chameleon in to the fact that if you act like a door mat, all you’ll attract is heels. :)

16. man I see you you can’t hide!

17. “You can run, but you can not hide!” Oh, you can’t run, either? That’s too bad…