Attack ON the Killer Tomatoes!

Just goes to show you, peeps: When Earth is overrun by enormous not-actually-vegetables-but-really-fruit from another galaxy (oh, and it’s coming, believe me), your only hope will be an army of sproinging kitties.

HPOIdtK

Comments

1. Jimbeaux says:

The landing made me spit-take. Well done!

2. Waaaaaaaaa pwwf!

3. Is that an evil wizard with a silver beard in the background casting a spell on the landing?

4. It’s so un-catlike!

5. Flufferbutt says:

NTMTOM, you make the best movie references. But now I have “Puberty Love” stuck in my head.

6. Kari Callin says:

Fake Killer Tomato: 1
    Cat: uhhhh…oh, there it is. Uh, zero. ;)

7. I can’t stop watching this. I may be up all night.

8. Kari Callin says:

Mod lounge: Pass the tomato juice…DOH! I coulda had a V8!

9. rescue gal says:

The only thing more epic than this would have been to witness this in person. However, I might have actually died from laughter; then who would care for my fur kids?

10. Ladies and gentlemen, that is merely a fine example of feline stunt work.

The landing zones for leaps and high-falls are typically protected with layers of collapsing boxes and softly-padded large cushions and pads, so that the momentum of the stunt person or kitty is dissipated safely and hopefully no one gets hurt. (The procedure has occasionally been seen on Mythbusters, although usually with Buster performing the stunt…) It’s a similar idea to the crumple zones in cars, if you know about those.

I don’t know if that human in the background is spotting the stunt (ie, standing by to catch or protect the performer if necessary) or directing (ie, telling everybody else what to do and never being completely satisfied with it regardless), but there clearly was a cameraman…

11. Martha in Washington says:

I suggest that this army of sproinging kitties be bivouacked at my house.

12. Theresa says:

Sproinging kitties are my only hope under the best circumstances.

13. Now I want a bean bag chair in my house just to watch my cats try this.

14. FACEPLANT !!!

15. I feel like this cat is doing a performance piece about human ambition….

16. OMG, that song. Now it will be in mead all day.

17. emmberrann says:

It is so very cat-like! The intense look, the coiled pent-up tension, the graceful athletic leap, and the hilarious conclusion! I LOVE THIS!! Hooray for cats! I onlywish I could have seen the follow-up!

18. dutchgirl says:

Jimbeaux, you should know better than to be drinking while watching cat videos!

19. Lisa marie says:

I love the “X” configuration at the conclusion of the sproing…what precision!!

20. trader which are you cats or dogs you must choose! just picking! I love all pets! got fishes too!

21. Saffron says:

Following the conclusion – borrowed from the great George Carlin:
    Kitteh walks away going “F–ing meow.”

22. fleurdamour says:

Help me Obi Wan Kittenobi!

23. fleurdamour says:

Splat cat!

24. fleurdamour says:

It’s Santa Claws!

25. Thank you NTMTOM now i’ll have ro re-watch, Attack of the killer tomatoes and Killer Klown from Outer Space!
    I think there’s a Law that say you have to watch those two together.

26. Killer Klowns is the best! And I loved the Killer Tomatoes when I was a young’un.
    And that splattin’ kitty is cute, too.

27. sotadragon says:

So glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I watched this! (over and over and over and over and over…) :-D

28. Theresa says:

BTW, this is the very definition of FLOOMPH.

29. Theresa says:

FLOOMPH.

30. Theresa says:

O that a cat’s reach should exceed his grasp; or what’s a big red beanbag for?

31. Theresa says:

Bloody Mary? Where’s the Worcestershire sauce?

32. Scarleybelle says:

Splat Cat meant to do that!

33. Pedantry of the day: The Fruit/Vegetable distinction is a false dichotomy. “Vegetable” is an imprecise culinary term, used to reference edible portions of plants that are savory in nature. “Fruit,” when used to describe a tomato, is a botanical term, that specifically means portions of a plant that derive from specific tissue of the flower. So things like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc., are BOTH vegetables (in the culinary sense) AND fruits (in the botanical sense). [Insert "The More You Know" shooting star here]

34. :lol: I saw that on YouTube :lol: Now, I really have to get George Carlin’s DVDs :lol:

35. Gold star for most informative post goes to Anon!

36. Omg I needed that laugh, thank you!

37. I can’t stop watching this! I’ve emailed it to all of my friends and family, and I keep calling them to be sure they’ve seen it! I”M OBSESSED! the way kitty just accepts it’s fate at the end SLAYS me! you know kitty is just think. “wth just happened and what should I do about it?” best thing I’ve seen on the ‘net this week!

38. *its, not it’s (oops! I just grammar Nazied myself)

39. *kitty is just thinking, etc etc. I was laughing too hard to type proper English or complete words/thoughts! lol

40. nooooo! I’ve only recently resigned myself to calling tomatoes fruits. now you come along to educate me? HMMPH! :)

41. JenDeyan says:

Now I want to dress up as a killer tomato to entice that army of kitties to sproing on me.

42. Hooray for NOMTOM and redonkulous kittehs!!!