A Cow or a Cloud?

Next time you look up in the sky and see a bovine shaped cloud, thank a fluffy cow.

8794445623_7a9c894706_z
Next time you get frothy milk for your foamy coffee, thank a fluffy cow.

8805025408_c134860760_z
Next time you meet a big teddy bear in a cow pasture, thank a fluffy cow.

8805026794_365a59e4c2_z
“After some Googling, it seems these fluffilicious cows are bred/sold by Matt Lautner Cattle.  Unbearably adorable. Don’t you just wanna hug and snorfle them?” -Kim L.

Comments

1. Kari Callin says:

The Velveteen Rabbit’s got nothing on these guys!

2. Kari Callin says:

This is what you get when a cow and poodle hook up: A Moodle ;D

3. Holy crap, they have My Little Pony legs!

4. You’ve GOT to be kidding me!!!! Cow plush toys!

5. We have a winner! :)

6. whawhawhatsis says:

Incredible! What crazy gorgeous cows! Their hair (fur?) looks like velvet — I bet it feels like velvet, too!

7. POW!

8. 260Oakley says:

Close Encownters of the Furred Kind

9. SlaveToCat says:

Must be Sunday in the Plain States. They are still in their Jammies.

10. I’m furrever your admirer, 260.

11. their furry legs remind me of boo!

12. It takes the groomer at least two hours to trim and fluff my Bichon who stands no more than 15″ tall, 20″ long. How long doe it take to groom one of these majestic bovines??

13. Ok, I have to hug one of these!!

14. kibblenibble says:

I already thought that cows were Qte, but these cows are CRAZY Qte! I loff them.

15. doomchild says:

16. doomchild says:

Even my “ended up in mod lounge” comment is awaiting moderation… I get it, I get it.
    *drags herself away*

17. Just when you think you’ve seen (almost) everything! Boom: Amazing foam cows appear. :)

18. These cows are wearing moon boots (and a fur coat)!

19. Fluffy cows, Is that where soft serve ice cream comes from ?

20. murkle46 says:

This is a post that defines what this website is;a definitive overload of cute.Wow!

21. I desperately want to snorgle one but I wouldn’t know which end to start with. I’m almost ashamed to admit I want to start at the back end and work my way forwards. Luckily I’m on CO; I’m sure there are others who share my dilemma. (I hope)

22. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Uggs for cows?

23. murkle46 says:

* hands doomchild a plush moodle to hug *

24. White Jenna says:

Does anyone know what the actual breed is? I looked at the breeder’s page, and I can’t find it.

25. doomchild says:

Aaaw, thanks!

26. 260Oakley says:

Moo + Uggs = Muggs

27. SlaveToCat says:

Those cows are so soft and fluffy I bet even the toughest chewiest cut of meat would just melt in your mouth. (opps I typed that out loud.)

28. Let me see if I got this right: You stood outside the daycare center, saw the “Quiet, Please” sign and shouted, “THAT KID IS ADOPTED AND HIS MOTHER WAS A %)*%^# WHORE!” and was surprised when you weren’t allowed in?

29. Them ponies in sweaters got nothing on these guys.

30. what kind of beef is that? where’s the beef? is he eatable?

31. Alice Shortcake says:

Plush moodles…cartoon series…the possibilities are endless.

32. It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!!!

33. Oceanview says:

I’d love to have oodles of moodles with which I’d canoodle.

34. Oceanview says:

Yep, me too. Those snowy haunches are hypnotizing me. Must … bury … face!

35. :lol:

36. wordphreak says:

Anyone know where in the world fluffy cows grow?

37. The animal in the bottom photo is a BULL, not a cow! Cow & bull are GENDER names, NOT a breed of animal!! They are bovines, or cattle; even elephants come in cow & bull!!!

38. Teddy Bear Cows…love ‘em!

39. sotadragon says:

Whaaa??? O_o

40. sotadragon says:

grrr… That was supposed to be a reply to Sharpy.

41. Hmph! You can’t fool us with your fancy propositions.

42. Actually all people that raise show cattle make them ‘fluffy.’ We keep them in cool rooms (air conditioned barns or stalls) to pretty much make them have a winter coat all year long. Then we wake up early in the morning before the sun comes up (because the sun would make them shed their hair) wash them, comb them and blow dry their hair with a huge high powered blow dryer. This trains the hair to stick straight out. When the judge looks at these steers they would be less likely to see the flaws in the muscling and or conformation because the hair covers up most of their flaws. To get the legs like that a cylinder brush is connected to a drill and used on the legs. I bet these ones even have glued on hair.

43. *steer

44. mindadale says:

It’s okay okay STC. I was a little bit thinking what a very nice couch cover their hides would make (bad, Minda!). (But…you know, it would…)

45. mindadale says:

You should definitely not proposition a bull (of any species!). ;)

46. You sound like you’re having a Suess moment. You know he would of thought these up if he’d lived long enough.

47. soooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!

48. I’m sure this will just add to the confusion, but I’ll try to explain.

Doomchild:

[blockquote] “*sigh* Wrote a comment about the possible pitfalls breeding these kind of animals, and ended up in the mod lounge. Naturally.” [/blockquote]

Sharpy:

1. [Reviews the first rule of The Cute Club: Zero tolerance for nuffing (see Glossary and scroll down (at least until we figure out that anchor tag thingamahooey) to "Nuffingham"];

2. [Reviews Doomchild's comment pending about the badness of breeding];

3. [Sees that Doomchild is aware of the first rule and predicted the likely outcome of posting comments about commentroversial topics like the badness of breeding];

4. [Approves comment with added comment (see above (or below))];

5. [Goes off for tea and crumpets and a stroll around the park with an old friend who is also a professional writer and who also happens to be married to our one and only Teho and returns to confusion and in response, explodes in a shower of numbered lists, cross-references, and punctuation, likely the result of hanging out with English majors];

6. Wishes she had a huge pile of frosting with a tiny cupcake beneath it.

In other words, don’t make comments you know will be moderated and then get mad when the comment gets moderated!

Now where’s my tuffet?

49. tiamatsdg says:

We want more pictures!

50. Sharpy's boss says:

Sharpy, just put the coffee down and no one will get hurt.

51. lisaLASSIE says:

“bull” is a noun, not a proposition.

52. lisaLASSIE says:

So you’re telling us this is NOT a new breed of super floofy cattle, but just cattle in winter coats? Sigh.

53. lisaLASSIE says:

Peeps: I went to their site and far down the first page are the 3 pics with comments from here!!!!!!!

54. I’m going to go out on a limb and bet that nobody actually said that, Sharpy. How these cows came to be is a fair question that should not be controversial.

55. Thanks for the update, lisaLASSIE! I’m gonna say it; “udderly awesome”!

56. Not to belabor the point, but there is no stated comment policy. You guys might want to start one if you’re going to interpret any comment that doesn’t involve the phrase “OMG sooo cutesy pie!” as controversial.

If the only opinion that is allowed is one that mentions the cuteness of the picture, then say that in your comment policy.

57. 260Oakley says:

Milk it for all it’s worth.

58. I hope you are being sarcastic by suggesting that no one can talk about anything but the cuteness. We like to keep things pretty organic around here. The thing I always ask myself is, “Does this comment make people feel better?” Not much of a policy, but it’s worked pretty well so far. Stick around, you’ll see how it works.

59. Well, since I didn’t approve the comment, you’ll just have to trust me. It wasn’t appropriate. I stand by my allegory.

60. FLAWS/??? I don’t seen no flaws!!!

On a separate note, are you saying that ALL bovines can look like this if they have a hair and make-up artist??? And also… GLUED ON HAIR?????

Ok, I’ll stop now.

61. Thank you. That’s what I thought but didn’t want to say….

62. mindadale says:

Yes, pretty sure he was just making a joke. As “proposition” is something very different from a “preposition” anyway. ;)

63. I don’t even know why, but I find that fascinating. Seriously!

64. Who “he”? Me he? Me she.

65. mindadale says:

Ah. Well, now I know. Sorry, Ms. pyrit! :)

66. lisaLASSIE says:

mindadale: I was also just making a joke.

67. lisaLASSIE says:

*Waves to Sharpy standing by her allergory on the banks of the Nile*

68. holy cow! FLOOF

69. the first one is a Short Horn.

70. Jenny Islander says:

These are ordinary domestic cattle from common breeds. They’ve just been foofed and fuffed and groomed and puffed until they look like freshly sheared Pomeranians. It’s apparently a show thing.