On This 2013 Memorial Day…

Let’s stop to remember all the brave men and women who have served & died for our country. #Thankyou.

Let’s also take a look at these puppehs welcoming home their hoomins. First up, Molly The Goldie greets her mom who has returned from Afghanistan.

This puppeh gets her BAROO on and lets the entire neighborhood know her hoomin is back.

This puppeh is named…ready? Emmitt Thunderpaws. Can’t say why.

Gracie turns into a wiggling SQUEAK MONSTER.

This German Shepherd is happy to see his hoomin….but is NOT gonna give up the ball.

This puppeh just goes 100% FULL-TILT WACKO GONZO BANANAS.

Here’s one puppeh who loves her daddy for sure.

This U.S. Navy sailor gets plowed over by his three puppehs. Is that not great?

UPDATE!
There IS a video of a kitteh welcoming home his soldier hoomin. The only one on the Intertubes!

Comments

1. soraiya says:

oh my god, i cried!!!!

2. omg, me too!! so sweet .. so glad those handsome young men and the lovely young woman made it home safely .. snf

3. JenDeyan says:

Someone’s definitely cutting up some onions in here… *sniffle*

4. Blindly hands around a 1/2 box of tissues to the person next to me.

5. Birdcage says:

There’s nothing like a doggeh welcome to make you feel loved. I love my parrot but my welcomes from him are usually “Why are you late? I want a shower and my food dish is empty. Don’t let this slacker behaviour happen again.”

6. Thank you to all the military men and women who have served our country :) And look at those happy reunions!. Same thing happened in our house when my brother came back from Afghanistan :) :) it’s just too sweet of a reunion to watch.

7. Yeeeahhh… I’m not even trying to watch these. I already know how Sophie is when I get home.

8. Crying….sniff sniff…..These brave military men and women so deserve these moments of joy – as do their dear, devoted doggie companions! Thanks for posting a ton of happiness!!

9. chiefted says:

It’s dusty in here I swear *sniff*

10. The howling beagles!! Omg. :D

11. annette says:

I know! I was crying till the howling beagles made their appearance and brought the laughter!

12. Please. No more. I beg of you. I can’t take it!

13. jlamusings says:

Ditto to all previous comments!!! :-) And I just laughed through the tears at the one with 3 dogs because you gotta love retrievers. They kept alternating climbing all over their hoomin with bringing him randoms gifts from around the house. hahaha!

14. Me too! At least I’m not at work this time, but my sinuses are going to be cranky the rest of the day.

15. So that’s one box of Kleenex over, now on to #2……..

16. I love my cats but nothing can welcome you like a dog…snif…excuse me my allergies are kicking in.

17. Sophie's mom says:

Let’s not forget all those courageous, hardworking dogs who also serve in the military. : )

18. These are so precious….I can barely stand it….very moving in so many ways!

19. Very windy and sandy out there today *sniff sniff*

20. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the subject, Theo!

21. RosieLB says:

Ditto!

22. RosieLB says:

So sweet and totally awesome. Now, that is some kind of welcome.

I wonder where all the videos of cats greeting their returning slaves are. Surely someone has recorded one for the sake of posterity.

23. kodalai says:

Just in case anyone is curious, Gracie is apparently a corgi/retriever mix.

24. Thought the same thing!! “I wonder what Teho’s greeting is??”

25. found one! see update!

26. Its amazing to see that the dogs really know that theyve been gone for a long time.Usually dogs bark, kiss and jump for a while when you get home at the end of the day. But these dogs take much longer to understand whats happening as if they cant believe it finally happens. Then they want to hug much more than dogs usually does.The first dog (at the airport) just want to be close to mommy. Other dogs literally hug their owner and holds them tight.

27. Happy Memorial Day guys. And remember those men and women who didn’t come home to loved ones. I miss buying red poppies but the VFW around here doesn’t sell ‘em.

Well, cats may appear not to care but we know it’s an act and there must be some Payback. I know I get the cold shoulder but then somebody ends up sleeping on my chest at night.

28. Rachael says:

I never get tired of seeing those and they make me cry every single time. Thank you to all those who serve their country. We owe them more than we could ever possibly repay. You are my heroes.

29. My kitty does run to the door when I come home, and she’s “barking” :)

30. Animals keep us human. These made me cry and remember how thankful I am for the scarifice these men and women make. Thank you.

31. Endearing videos, but remember that Memorial Day is not the same as Veteran’s Day. Today is about the brave men and women who _didn’t_ make it home.

32. Gracie and her dada is still my favorite…

33. Yes! Remembering them also!

34. Rachael says:

It’s good to have that reminder because too often we (myself included) forget that this holiday is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice. But they are all my heroes nonetheless.

35. When you get home, cats are still p.o.’d at you for leaving in the first place. It just takes a while for them to come around.

36. I want to see a video or picture of that, Theo :D

37. That is exactly right! They care so much that they’re going to make you pay for being gone, but the message is still the same. LMFAO.

38. So does my boyfriend’s cat! Mrow. Mrowmrow. MROW!!