Friday Haiku Too: Shoulder Sqwerl

Sleepy little sqwerl
Looking for a place to crash
This hoomin will do

“This is a baby squirrel that was on my campus and was very tame. Not something you experience every day… I named him Nuts. Thought it would be appropriate to share on your site!” -Cuteporter Charlie B. in the You Kay.

THIS JUST IN: CHARLIE UPDATE FROM LONDON
“I was walking along the path on my university campus (Roehampton University) in London. I stopped to look at this guy on the side of the path. When I stopped, he came and jumped onto my shoe, no kidding. I sat down and he went into my lap and fell asleep. I kept him with me for a few hours showing people, then put him back into some bushes in a wooded area that evening. Never saw him again!”

Comments

1. SlaveToCat says:

Too much cute in one viewing is not good for the heart strings. pluck pluck sproing thud.

2. Jealous! I love squirrels! :)

3. Dislike jewelry
    On males, but exception made
    For a squirrearring

4. Once A Fish says:

Sqwerl on my shoulder makes me happeeeeeeeeee, sqwerl in my eyes can make me cryyyyyyy

5. Any dude willing to be a squirrel pillow qualifies for Men of CO!

6. Absolutely!

7. especially with a British accent!

8. fleurdamour says:

I was eating vending machine peanut butter crackers once in a courtyard outside a dorm at the University of Texas, and a little squirrel came up and hopefully put his paw on my leg, like “Hey, lady! Spare any for me?”. So he earned himself a whole cracker for his boldness, initiative, and Qteness.

9. Why does this never happen to me????

10. My thought exactly.

11. The cute comes on little skwerl feet,
    it naps in a lap, overlooking campus
    then moves on
    -Carl Skwerlburg

12. Janet in Cambridge says:

Abso-squirrel-lutely.

13. Bottle Green says:

14. Let me tell you, the squirrels at Yosemite come right up. I sat down and they would crawl right up into your lap.

15. JenDeyan says:

I second that nomination!

16. Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn’t shake him or his little friend out of my sheets, if you get what I’m sayin’.

17. The squirrel is looking like, “Hey, dude. Hold still. I needs a nap.” :)

18. Rachael says:

I third that nomination!!

19. Skwerl: You look pretty soft there…*yawn*

20. Cute squirrel video. That is an orphaned young juvenile eastern US grey squirrel. They were illegally exported to Europe many years ago. It’s a little skinny and weak. They have no fear of humans at that age. If you ever see a small squirrel come up to you with no fear, it’s most likely orphaned wanting food and care. Look around for other siblings and take them all to a local wildlife rehabilitator. If you’re in LA, we rescue squirrels here.

21. …Dear charlie… you are adorable. Thank you for sharing!

22. Nicefrenchgurl says:

I absolutely love this guy’s strong accent. Charlie, you’ve earned yourself a trip to France !

23. Mamabear says:

I want him to be wearing a black spandex unitard and dancing to techno music asking, “do you want to touch my squirrel?”

24. I was in love with Charlie for being so good to squirrel and then comes the accent!? Bonus upon sexy!!!

25. Tame squir’l on my shoulders
    Makes me happy; tame squir’l
    Always makes me high

26. dubyah1 says:

FTW!

27. Cynthia M says:

Go to the Boston Commons. I had squirrels get in my lap and demand peanut butter crackers! I loved it!

28. Rachael says:

Love it!!!

29. ElaineBenes99 says:

NICE reference to Mike Myers’ “Sprockets” skit on early ’90s SNL! “Now, everybody dance!” Also, this sleepy baby squirrel is the cutest!

30. Mary, I believe your right! Don’t know about the illegal exporting of them but I do know that he was real young and was probably orphaned. Not sure if at that age if they are able to take care of themselves? Seems almost at the age where he would be on his own. Sounds like you know more than me rescuing squirrels, hope the little guy made it!

31. marthava says:

Fortyethteenth!

32. Meerkat says:

Hey all you people commenting on Charlie’s accent – there’s a lot of blokes over here talk like that – book yourself a plane ticket and come and soak it all in! Adore the squerl but now a bit sad after Mary’s post about it being weak and needing care …
    :,(