THIS JUST IN: Happy 6th Birthday To Maru!

Everyone’s fave Japan-based furball turns 6 today. Let’s celebrate with a collection of the “Best of Maru” from 2012. This video was JUST posted by Maru’s hoomin, moments ago.

20130524-2
Domo Arigato to Mugumogu, of course.

Comments

1. petless in Puddletown says:

Longevity and health to Maru! He is my surrogate cat since I descended into Petlessness. Thank you Mugumogu!!!!! (bows)

2. AWW :D Happy Birthday, Maru, and many many more :D

3. Reblogged this on Live, Love, Laugh, Dance, Pray and commented:
    So many reasons why I need a cat….sigh….

4. Check out the photo of him in his 6th birthday cat hat – with points for ears even.

5. They should just register him as a living Japanese treasure already.

6. Where’s the hat photo?!

7. One biggish cat makes a huge impact on the world. Many many happy returns of the day, Maru!

8. Happy Birthday Maruuu :D

Maru wearing his birthday cap:

9. emmmjama says:

Happy Birthday, Maru. Thank you and Mugumogu for many many happy moments.

10. Happy birthday, Maru! May you be blessed with a gift of many boxes.

11. Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu, Maru-chan!

12. Plain and simple, I love this cat!!! Happy Birthday, Maru!

13. Yasmine says:

You’re a national treasure, Maru.

14. It won’t show up in Firefox for some reason, but it will in Chrome—added!

15. maxtben1 says:

National Treasure? One of the World’s Wonders I say! The beehive entry- tocks bit is off the charts cute BTW.

16. *Gasp!* At 1:25 a carpet is wrinkled in Maru’s perfect house. ;)

17. The mewing at the end! :D

Does anyone know where the music is from?

18. Bonne fête mon beau Maru!

19. somewhere from here according to her site:
    “free music material MusMus I borrowed it from a person.”

20. Happy Birthday Maru-Chan!! :-)

21. Strange. Oh well.

22. Only in Japan would they have cat hats like that.

23. Sending Birthday Squeegles, Maru! ^_^

24. mydragon says:

My cats heard Maru’s meows near the end there and they perked up like it was a call to arms!

25. Maru Speaks!

26. doomchild says:

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Maru-sama,
    Happy birthday to you!

27. Jackie Rose says:

Happy Birthday to dear Maru! I love the way he holds his front paws up before he jumps like a chubby little kangaroo.

28. Jackie Rose says:

That and the pre-pounce butt-wiggle are enough to keel me ded.

29. Clairedelune says:

Yes, the pre-pounce butt wiggle is especially effective because Maru’s tocks are so adorably round – and the tail, worthy of Brer Fox!! And those large, round floofy mittens!! Best wishes for many more box-filled years, Maru.

30. Happy birthday Maru! My favorite cat in the whole world!

31. Awwww..Happy Birffday Maru, you don’t look a day over 5!!
    Long and happy life may you live….kisses :)

32. Happy birthday, Maru! You bring joy to all.

33. Chuck T says:

We love you Maru !! from Chuck and Sue’s Fat Dumplings Sweetpea & Doodles !!!!

34. Epic ehn!

35. Rachael says:

Happy Birfday, Maru. You are a worldwide joy. I wish you nothing but happiness and good health in the years to come. And boxes, of course. :)

36. Happy Birthday !!! It makes my day to see your big beautiful face. Have a good day..

37. Happiest of birthdays Maru! You’ve brought so much joy and laughter into my life – Thanks for being such a cool cat!

38. Thank you to you both!

39. Does anyone know where one can buy one of those beehive things?

40. Linda Grimmer says:

Hope he has 21 more like my oldest and many more. I love and enjoy every video and photo.

41. 13bodies says:

That is in the running for my favorite Maru moment ever.
    I can’t believe he’s six already!

42. Happy birthday, precious baby cat! I love you forever.

43. Fird Birfle says:

44. Fird Birfle says:

45. Fird Birfle says:

HI GIGI <3 Fird Birfle

46. Fird Birfle says:

47. 1) MARU!!!!!!!
    2) How do they keep that house soo clean????
    3) Happy birfday Maru!

48. Maru diving into the boxes reminds me of how one of my previous kitty-boys, Reggie used to dive underneath newspapers that were on the floor. Maru gets a “10” from me for his form and technique! May you live a long, happy and healthy life, and don’t ever quit “boxing”!

Terri from Indy