Ooh la la! Disco Wants a Biiiiig Kiss!

My name is Disco. I’m a parakeet. Bird to your mother. Discooooo! What seems to be the problem officer? I am not a crook. There’s the cat. Meow! Meow!

He had us at Discoooooo, MsJumpinJude

Comments

1. “What seems to be the problem, officer? I’m not a crook!” I’m laughing so hard my side is hurting! :)

2. Well, someone’s humans certainly like teaching him pop culture quote variants.

Also, is it just me, or does he kinda sound like he’s voiced by Frank Oz?

3. Ayeesha says:

That is so freaking awesome. “Profficer”. lol.

4. HAW! Makes me wonder what the heck goes on in the house for him to mimic…

5. fleurdamour says:

WOW

6. The Original Jane says:

Our parakeet knew several phrases but this guy has an impressive vocabulary. “Nobody puts baby bird in a corner!” Love this little guy! :)

7. “there goes tokyo”

and…i’m ded…from lols.

8. Oh Em GEE!! This is FANTASTIC!! The beat boxing, the honk shus, domo arigato, bird to your mother…This is the best thing I’ve seen in a long time. Such a chatty little bird and so hilarious! His humans have a great sense of humor. :D

9. Birdcage says:

Respect. And I live with my own wordy birdies so I gotta give big props to Disco. Never underestimate a budgie. Bird to yo’ mamma.

10. Rachael says:

I think I’m in loff with a budgie. He’s so sweet and funny!! :)

11. Clairedelune says:

I hope Disco stops chattering at night….His family better be careful about what they say in front of him, he’s a perfect recording device!! LOL!!!

12. Theresa says:

I swear, I’ll never shake a baby bird!
    Thinking we should introduce Disco and that other chatty charmer, Marnie (“Wheeee! You’re so cute!”)

13. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

I laughed so hard at this that my kitten ran over and started biting my chin. :)

14. It’s so crazy that birds can talk like that; I can’t really wrap my head around how they do it! Is it only parrot-like birdies that can do it, and if so why?? So many questions… :D

“Give me a beeeeg kiess.” [smoochie sound]

15. No more Red Bull for HIM…

But he sure has awesome diction.

16. When I was in high school, I had a neighbour whose budgie unfortunately overheard an argument and “f—in’ b—h” became part of his regular vocabulary. Luckily, his budgie-lips pronunciation was pretty bad, so they would tell guests he was saying “fish ‘n chips.”

17. My parents’ budgie only ever learned how to ring like their phone.

18. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Here’s a talking starling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcRfBU59LhM

19. Lucy's Mommeh says:
  20. Lucy's Mommeh says:

AAAND a raven. Crows talk too.

21. sweet cheeks says:

I never knew they could talk!! I want one now!

22. OMG this is FREAKING awesome!!!!! :D I LOOOOOVE budgies!!! Disco has such a clear voice too!!! My budgie can talk a little bit, but only I can understand him! LOVE this! 8O

23. Wow, the deep voice on this one is freaky…

24. What an impressive deep voice. I read that ravens are the most intelligent birds ever, their talking abilities actually bigger than the ones of parrots. If that is true, the reason why we do not see and hear a lot of them must be because almost nobody keeps them as pets while there are millions of parakeets in cages…

25. miranda says:

My Mom is singing along with “Mr. Roboto”! And I’m laughing so hard when he makes fun of a cat “there’s a cat. MEOW MEOW!” LOL LOL I even sent it to my self!

26. whawhawhatsis says:

My hubby worked at a place where personal phone calls had to be made on an outside terrace. The local mockingbirds learned to produce everyone’s cell phone ring, which made for lots of great confusion. Smart birds! :D

27. Amazing!

28. This is just perfect, what else would you teach a raven to say except: “Nevermore”

29. A couple of years ago, I witnessed a mockingbird that had learned to imitate the audible Walk/Don’t Walk crossing signal for blind pedestrians. He or she was perched a couple of stories up over an intersection that had no pedestrian crossing. Luckily, it was not a particularly busy street, and there were no blind folks around.

I tried very hard not to anthropomorphize, but I couldn’t help but think of it as a fiendishly clever avian supervillain.

30. Laura DragonWench says:

Wow. The “nevermore” is cool, but it’s the “wokka, wokka, wokka” that just kills me! That and the very perturbed kitty voicing his disdain over the situation. Funny, even as a little girl, I always wanted a raven for a pet. And this is exactly why: Ravens are awesome!