Hoomins: Ya Just Gotta Know How To Train ‘Em

Once you do, you’ll have them eating out of your paw. Or at the very least, bringing the eats right to you.

We’re Pozitive about this one.

Comments

1. Daniel T says:

If that were one of my cats, that bell would NEVER stop ringing.

2. Meanwhile… Pavlov’s dogs are drooling like crazy.

3. CatViccer says:

2:02: I am now done with this silly nom-producing device

4. Theresa says:

Poor goggies.

5. Moti Billy says:

Hoomins …. so slow and so dumb they only know how to bring one kibble at a time. Harumph!

6. maxtben1 says:

Funny but worrying. What ever you do CO lovers DO NOT show this to your kittehs. We will all be turned into drones, in the eternal servitude of our feline overlords. I made sure my kittehs were completely out of the house before I watched it.

7. I love that he’s so blasé about the whole thing, haha!

8. Patrick says:

You mean you are not just seen as a drone with the ability to open cans by your feline overlords.

9. rescue gal says:

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls………..

10. someone tell me he’s called hector salamanca

11. Rachael says:

“I can’t believe the crappy service in this establishment!”

12. KittyMarthaPoo says:

ring bell once for kitty treats, twice for toona fish…

13. My cats don’t need a bell to reduce me to abject servitude. ;)

14. Now those are some hoomins who know how to be good slaves!

15. “Oh, waiter…”

16. Oh man, I would have some very fat cats…

17. Clairedelune says:

2:02: “OK, I’m full now, time to clean face. You are allowed to leave.”
    Thank Bast my kitty was not in the room.
    BTW, didn’t the Cat Overlord ring once at first, then progressed to two times followed by three rings?? I wonder if that meant different flavors of treats. I also wonder how he signals that his litter box needs cleaning.

18. This is hysterical!!! LOL!

19. Bettymouse says:

DING DING DING DING!
    [sneer, sneer, sneer]

20. “Service, please!”

21. My cat does the tap-tap-tap thing on my knee when she wants treats. We call it The Are You My Waitress Maneuver.

If she ever got her hands on a bell I don;t know what I’d do.

22. TINEE TABBEE TAP TAP TING-A-LING

23. Saffron says:

An poem. By Edgar Allan Mew

Train the hoomins with the bells- Silver bells!
    What a world of noms and treats their melody foretells!
    How they tinkle, tinkle, tinkle,
    With my icy disdain all day and night!
    Whatever my whims or mood
    All the hoomins will bring me food
    Within a crystal bowl;
    Keeping noms, noms, noms,
    Into my belleh the noms climb,
    To the tintinnabulation that the hoomin musically obeys
    From the bells, bells, bells, bells,
    Bells, bells, bells-
    From the jingling and the tinkling of mah bells.

24. lisaLASSIE says:

If I had a Pulitzer Prize I would give it to you Saffron for this brilliant correction of that silly old poem of Poe’s.

25. I don’t know what is funnier the video or all of your comments. LOL!

26. It’s because we’re all just one step away from eternal feline servitude. We laugh cuz otherwise we’d cry.

27. ummmm too late :)

28. Cheshirecat says:

Never ever stop ringing

29. It’s not going to be much fun when he gets hungry at 0400…

30. We also know why Pavlov worked w dogs and not cats.

31. *applauds, throws catnip*

32. fleurdamour says:

The bell tolls for squee.

33. fleurdamour says:

Anna Belly

34. I thought we already are in eternal servitude to our feline overlords :D

35. Yeah, like our cats need something as overt as a bell to manipulate us.

36. ingemary says:

The pawslove effect .

37. Meerkat says:

Love the way the kitteh moves the bell about in between tings … my kitteh gets up on the surface where his food boxes are stored and pushes them off one at a time until one of us rushes to fill his bowl … I think I’d prefer a light ting to the CRASH of the boxes hitting the floor (some with resultant spillage which the cat scorns to eat, of course!)

38. Reminds me of when I trained my (now dearly departed) cat Merlin to ring a bell I suspended from the doorknob to go outside. He soon started to ring whenever he wanted anything at all — food, treats, brushing….

39. fleurdamour says:

Cat Overlord

40. Fird Birfle says:

this is PERFECTION itself. No narration, no music…Just Tha Truth. :)