That Circle Of Life Thing Gets Me Every Time

Why does Mufasa have to die??

Hakuna matata, little buddy. As seen on SayOMG.

Comments

1. dubyah1 says:

Skritch-deprived or itchy…or both!

2. Theresa says:

That movie really upsets me, too.

3. sabrina rose says:

Sniffle….quiet tears (mine)….it’s a very sad scene. What a sweet, sensitive doggy to share the emotion! Disney movies are so masterful at wringing one’s heartstrings.

4. The Original Jane says:

Disney does it again! Oh, and “squirrel”!

5. Did anyone watch the other vidi offered after the main one was finished?

6. Wonder what he does during Bambi.

7. dgerish says:

This was a favorite with my college students. I usually start class with a funny video, and they just roared with laughter at this one.

8. dgerish says:

I always cry at that scene too, little guy.

9. Pupster just wants some attention, pet him already.

10. JenDeyan says:

I love this video. It’s scarily accurate. *giggle*

11. JenDeyan says:

Things like this are proof to me that dogs can pick up on human emotions. I think that pup was responding on his human’s sadness more than what was going on in the movie. Just goes to show wonderful doggies really are.

12. Mamabear says:

Lord don’t show him The Fox and the Hound! That danged old woman ALWAYS makes me cry. I know it’s coming, I KNOW how the movie turns out and has a happy ending, I steel myself and laugh and joke about how silly I am, that it’s just a cartoon, then she turns and that one little tear….*uncontrollable sobbing*

Here, join me. I can never make it past the 2:21 mark, how ’bout you?:

13. I think the dog is reacting to the kids’ sadness, not really the film.

14. yolanda says:

I think the dog is able to read the body language of the little lion cub and respond to it. Dogs are that empathic, and the animation is that well drawn. My little dog had quite a hard time at first with animals on TV frightening him. Once he understood it wasn’t “real” he lost interest, but another dog might well take it for what it is, or even think there’s a world inside the window.

15. kodalai says:

The pupster may also be responding to the voices, rather than the body language.

16. demented says:

Never read the book it’s based on. The ending isn’t happy.