Photo Assignment Day #3: The Results Are Een

sc0000 - CopyHola, CO Peeps! Wednesday was “Photo Assignment #3: Pocket Pals” day. Here are a few of the submissions we received. Thanx to everyone who sent pix in! Next up: July 10th. Show us a picture of how your pet (or any animal) likes to beat the heat. In a bucket of water..or the shade of a glade?

8741333007_d432c0fbe7_o

8741322985_38cf3f8141_b

8742436336_8c706637d4_b

8742431688_9bf2683f84_o

pocket03

8744449533_a0ff37ce58_b

8741312995_42fc91d71c_b

Comments

1. emmberrann says:

The results are een the pockets!

2. Clairedelune says:

That helpless tiny face of kitteh #1….. enough to melt anything and anybody. Kudos to Tina K. for saving and loving her blind kitteh.

3. Clairedelune says:

OOps, that was supposed to be Tina D.

And Kitteh #2, someone should write an ode to that small, puffed white muzzle.

4. That is Ashton – he was found under a car in San Francisco, but has the cutest little bow-tie mouth! http://i.imgur.com/gWsFQTK.jpg

5. Does it seem to anyone else that the hedgehog is in a pair of men’s underpants?

6. dgerish says:

How I love little (or bid) furbabies in pockets! Must . . . resist . . . urge . . . to . . . get . . . another . . . kitten . . .

7. dgerish says:

OMG Josh–that photo nearly killt me ded! And I’ve got a lot of work to accomplish today. Warn people, wouldja!?

8. dgerish says:

that could get dangerous–there’s a reason most people wear gloves while handling hedgies

9. sabrina rose says:

I love the Pup Sling! My 12 year old, nearly blind miniature poodle never wants to be separated and toddles after me constantly on his tiny arthritic feet. (He was a rescue when his owner died.) I do carry him around the house in a basket lined with a fluffy afghan. Put up an ad at CO or tell us if you start making slings, Megan! It’s a great idea to use when fostering newborn kittens, also.

10. Dear Lord that photo is lethal!

11. They all are too much. That first pic was so sweet but Linda has such a smug expression. – My servant won’t even let my paws touch the ground.

12. Awwww. I’m guessing they may have repurposed a baby sling. Maybe an old one from a consignment/thirft store?

13. I have a lot of pockets but none of my cats fit in them anymore.

14. If I’m ever in San Francisco, I’m going to look under all the cars.

15. victoreia says:

I tried the kittehs in pockets when Ezri & Kyuri were itty-bitty. Alas, they were too wiggly, and wouldn’t stay put! (I had a dress with patch pockets on either side of the skirt, and I was trying for a balanced look….)

16. I second that, Clairedelune :D

17. AWW :D I want to cuddle dear sweet little Ashton so much, Josh :D I hope he is living in a loving forever home :D

18. Jen Smith says:

LOL. That is actually Petals the hedgie in my sweatpants pocket. No men’s underpants were used in the taking of that picture.

19. Hah! I thought I invented this. LOL. My puppeh, a devoted Velcro pup, was following me around the house demanding attention on a day when I had to get a bunch of stuff done. The laundry situation was dire; it was getting to the point where I was wearing my least comfortable undies.

So finally, out of desperation, I tied my pashmina into a sling, threw it around my neck and one arm, and plopped puppeh into it, on her back like a baby. She promptly fell asleep and I was able to be productive, though I did spend the first half hour cracking up and calling my mom to tell her what a strange daughter she had managed to raise. :)

20. The Dude abides! :-)