On The Enterprise, If It’s Red, It’s Dead

Star Trek Into Darkness blasts off today in the US and that doesn’t bode well for the little guy in red. Keep your fingers crossed and your phasers on “Stun.”

yIn nI’ ‘ej chep! (Live long and prosper in Klingon, duh.)

8721187351_4f70544c0b_o

The data does not lie. (No, not this Data.)

st
First image c/o Smedley.

Comments

1. Peeegs!! Peeegs in Spaaaaace!!

2. SlaveToCat says:

I want a new Star Trek TV series. A series where the Federation has Cloaking for their ships. A warp drive that doesn’t go off line every time the Enterprise bumps into a photon torpedo or crosses paths with a phaser blast. And, I want lots of kittens on the bridge.

3. How bout guinea pigs on the bridge too?

4. I loved “Pigs in Space” from The Muppet Show. And I love those little guinea pigs decked out in Star Trek uniforms.

Speaking of Star Trek and red, a brewery up in Canada just released the first officially licensed alcoholic beverage of Star Trek, Vulcan Ale, an Irish red style brew. (Though I think a pale ale would have been more logical.) I hear it’s mind-melding good.

5. *giggles at ceejoe’s post*

6. Mamabear says:

Star Trek reference FTW!

Nerd alert: We say this all the time in our little PvP guild! Lok’tar ogar, baby!

7. And puppies! Lets not forget puppies!

8. Since they don’t have hands, I wonder who does the “Picard maneuver” on their unfiform for them. :lol:

9. ah, the Picard maneuver. YOU are a true fan. Make it so.

10. Saffron says:

D*mmit Jim, I’m a veterinarian, not a bricklayer!

11. This is fantastic! How did you get them to stay in the clothes?

12. Rachael says:

“I’m a doctor, not an escalator.” :) :) :) :)

13. Maybe I am reading that chart wrong, but security was yellow (Whorf, Tasha Yar) and engineering was red (Scotty, Laforge). I distrust your data.

14. Actually, during the time of the original series, both security and engineering wore red. Sometime between then and The Next Generation, Starfleet changed their uniform regulations so that by the time of TNG, they both wore yellow instead.

15. lisaLASSIE says:

Hooray, an invitation to a data fight!! It should be so exciting. Calculators for calculating data. Charts. Graphs. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. Coffee Cup says:

I believe that started in TNG. In the original series, red was engineering and security. The red shirts who beamed down were always security officers, not engineers, but Scotty and his engineering staff also wore a red uniform.

17. dubyah1 says:

Science for the win!

18. BatBlaster says:

Ah yes, the redshirts…
    more like ensign expendable

19. LOOK AT THE URL up above, PEEPLES!!!!! :)

(you’re welcome)

20. victoreia says:

*snicker*

21. victoreia says:

And command wore red, which didn’t improve survival statistics for officers not assigned to the Enterprise.