Cute Overload: Your One-Stop Source for Rubber Duckie News

HONG KONG – Rubber Duck, the traveling art project currently gracing Victoria Harbor, is feeling a little… deflated. According to CNN, the 54-foot inflatable duck is mysteriously dead in the water. Reached for comment at his home on Monster Island, film legend Erniezilla says he’s “inconsolable.”

130515103957-hong-kong-duck-deflate-horizontal-gallery
ANAHEIM, CA – Dozens of decorated ducks tried their luck in Disneyland’s charity Rubber Duck Race through the canal of “it’s a small world.” On a tragic note, several ducks tried to drown themselves after enduring the ride’s iconic theme song.

Comments

1. Ffanffan says:

I thought they’re just letting the air out and do some maintenance on the big duckie

2. Begins singing: Rubber Ducky your the one… you make bath time so much fun… Rubber Ducky I’m awfully fond of you…eww ohhh ohhhhh!

3. Also I am keeping bendy bits crossed HOPING the big yellow guy comes to San Francisco Bay! Then I can be a CO peep reporter on the scene.

4. One more thing Darth Vadar Duck ROFLMAO!

5. Theresa says:

Hovertext! Bwahahahahaaa!

6. Coffee Cup says:

A 12-ton cat would be 24,000 pounds, or roughly 2,400 average-weight cats.

Would you rather fight a 12-ton cat or 2,400 10-pound cats?

7. Theresa says:

Re: the clip: Yeah, I get it, it’s a small world. :roll:

8. edmundh says:

That’s what I heard too – a pre-planned deflation for maintenance. Which is good, at first I thought it was some gigantic rubber-infecting strain of Bird Flu.

9. Erniezilla = least scary monster since the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man :lol:

10. Sharon Wilson says:

What–NOBODY decorated their ducks to look like Donald or Daisy?

11. Ffanffan says:

That’s a legitimate concern….Get some vaccine Duckie!

12. With a fire hose and good water pressure a 12-ton cat would be no problem.

13. wannadance says:

and here is the link for the rattlesnake roundup in sweetwater tx, where my grandmother was born and raised, eldest of 17. beware pics if you are an easy puker. never seen so upset snakes. and they climb trees, too.

true. article to prove it:

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

With a bunch of normal ones I can survive the attack by going inside my house or getting into a car. With one 12 ton cat I figure I’d be basically out of luck without some kind of armored vehicle.

15. Unless they trapped you inside for a long time – like in Cujo…

16. edmundh says:

Let’s assume a box 12″x6″x4″ is sufficiently large enough to keep a 10 pound cat amused. This works out to 1/6 of a cubic foot. Then a cat 2400 times that size will require a box with a volume of 400 cubic feet, with linear dimensions of (for example) 5’x8’x10′, which is not that difficult to produce. Peeps, let’s get those duck-tape and cardboard ready!

(puts calculator back into pocket)

17. lisaLASSIE says:

You are a genius. Thank you. Even though all those calculations made my head hurt.

18. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Part of me says “poor snakies”, but then I’m thousands of miles away on the other side of the Pond. So I can say that.

19. Coffee Cup says:

Giant kitteh in giant box. Genius.