If You Knew Sushi Like I Knew Sushi

Usually kittehs EAT sushi. This time, they ARE sushi. This site is connected somehow. I think. Maybe. Lost in translation, we are. Gonna give these a guess- see hovers.

UPDATE: Tracked this back through several websites and found some more info.

enhanced-buzz-2953-1367941355-22

enhanced-buzz-29006-1367941742-5

enhanced-buzz-29278-1367941558-23

enhanced-buzz-29369-1367941622-0

enhanced-buzz-29939-1367941770-6

~The Creditos~
1-6: Incredible Things.
7-14: Some website with a .jp domain I got no idea.
Originally spotted on the Internet.

Comments

1. I’ve never heard of sushi with marmalade before.

2. Can I have some of whatever they’re smoking?

3. SlaveToCat says:

Hmmmm that was well umm odd.

4. emmberrann says:

Ummm-hmmmmmm.

5. Elaine From L.A. says:

Yesterday it was High Diving Giraffes and today it’s Sushi Cats :~/ I’m perplexed, but amused :~)

6. Me too please.

7. The scientific conclusion I draw after carefully reviewing all of the photos again and meticulously watching the videos again: Round-headed cats are very patient.

8. ….. ?

9. Hairy Potto says:

Obviously, the one with the red striped socks is a Sox Fan!

10. sabrina rose says:

Beautiful and imaginative. Both cats and photographers had amazing patience. Maybe a Japanese person might interpret the meaning of this particular artistic expression??

11. I think fashion sushi is really a mer-kitteh.

12. Catwhisperer says:

Redonkulous to the nth degree.

13. The tabby wearing money and a dapper cap is clearly a train conductor. :)

14. The Original Jane says:

What they said. (or didn’t)

15. Bashful says:

This is silly and weird and delightful. People do some crazy things in celebration of animals. :)

16. Clairedelune says:

Question: WHY? Went to the info. site, gathered that this is the work of a very strange Japanese peanut company, and squinting at the tiny characters I think I saw that the first sushi-neko with cucumbers is supposed to be Wasabi, while the fashion sushi girl is Lily — well, maybe. Very odd. The sort of thing that haunts you for a long time. Hmmmm.

17. Last one…….the awesomeness of calico taiyaki. Oishiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

18. Ok I watched twice. I have to say, it is very creative…. but I think I might just be weirded out. I didn’t get the cute vibe. I hope I’m not broken!

19. gangewifreweaving says:

the one with the hover-text “Nope, no idea,” all in yellow is totally TAMAGO. yum, my favourite.

20. meowmiao says:

The kitteh with the yellow cape/bow is probably supposed to be tamago (egg roll) sushi.

The kitteh in the last picture has a taiyaki on his back, which is a fish-shaped cake that can be filled with just about anything, but the most common is red bean paste. (My personal favorite filling is custard.)

Regardless of what they’re supposed to be, they’re all cute!

21. I don’t understand it and I kind of love it.

22. Bee sushi!

23. Martine says:

The Japanese did it again!

I simply love all of them!!!

24. Well, I HAVE been looking for a new hobby. May I borrow your cat?

25. kodalai says:

Well, there’s this:

” Neko-Sushi is an extremely unusual life-form consisting of a cat on top of a portion of sushi rice. Although several references have come down to us through history from various researchers and witnesses, their existence is still shrouded in mystery and actual sightings remain rare.

There are several academics who have devoted their lives to the study of these creatures. According to a number of these, Neko-Sushi make use of gaps in space to come to us from an alternate dimension. Beyond these “gaps” lies the world of the Neko-Sushi in which, it is recently understood, lies the true identity of the cats that dwell with us here in the human dimension.”

26. That is not a purse, but a Japanese elementary schooler backpack (randoseru). Girls usually carry red or pink ones and boys carry black or blue ones, so the sushi-kitty is a girl.

27. Mamabear says:

I lol’ed at the “no animals were harmed” disclaimer, because you KNOW there’s just gotta be someone out there who was distressed thinking that they were gonna eat the cats.

28. Saffron says:

<3 Mamabear

If I tried this with the kitteh who is queen of my house, well, I think humans would be harmed. :D

29. Coffee Cup says:

I don’t understand most of what the Japanese do with cat photography, so this is really perplexing and weird and kind of creepy. But the cats are adorable anyway.

30. dolphin815 says:

I believe the appropriate response here is………..why?

31. I think they are dressing cats up in clothes that resemble sushi. Like, the yellow raincoat looks like tamago (egg); the necktie looks like toro, maybe (tuna); and so on. Sushi fans will have to help with the rest!

32. Same here :D