Twix a.k.a. Twixie a.k.a. Miss Wiggly a.k.a Wiggle Worm, etc., etc.

Super Nicknamer and Guinea Pig Mom, Cristie H. writes, “Hi! About a month ago our little wiggle worm/cuddle puddle/snorfmeister, Twix, had a pretty risky surgery to remove an infected mass from her abdomen. Luckily she pulled through the first surgery but lingering infection and damaged tissue made a second surgery necessary. So last Thursday Miss Wiggly had her second surgery. Twixie did really well and is on the mend with lots of fruits and veggies to encourage her healthy appetite. Since then Lady Wiggles Von Wiggleton has been much more chipper and fiesty! She’s still being tube fed to help keep her weight up so the huge mixing bowl helps to keep her from throwing her butt into reverse and escaping my clutches.”
8723072717_42ca7a5f85_b
“I’ve been a huge fan and daily reader of Cute Overload for years. Keep up the great work you fabulous internetters! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the pictures!” – Cristie H. (mama pig), Kyle (papa pig) and Twix!

Note to self: Use “internetters” more often.

Comments

1. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Sweet baby. Hope she gets back to solids soon. I’m sure romaine lettuce & green peppers taste so much better when they don’t bypass the teefs in a tube.

2. GummiBear4402 says:

She`s so cutie-patootie! Hope she gets better!

3. katrinab73 says:

awww get well soon twix!!

4. Wow, bless the hoomins! I had surgery done once on one of my piggehs and it is not for the faint hearted. Twice! And of course, bless Twix!

5. MinglesMommy says:

Awesome story & great guinea pig parents! Get well soon, Twix!

6. Well done, all. Get well soon, Twix. Behave for your parents. They are doing their best for you. GPs can move pretty quickly when they want to.

7. Thanks so much for all the well wishes! Its the best to wake up to your pet being on the front page of CO! I’m happy to update you all that Twix is doing great and we’ve stopped tube feeding her and she’s still putting on weight! She’s now working on making friends with her old cage-mates who seem to have forgotten who she is since she’s been away from them for almost 6 weeks now.

Thanks again!

8. She’s adorable–so glad to hear she’s recovering from her surgeries.

9. Rachael says:

That face is worthy of every adorable nickname they can come up with. What a sweetie pie!! She’s very lucky to have such loving hoomans – most people, I fear, wouldn’t bother for a GP. Now Twix, be a good girl and do as mommy and daddy say. After you’re all well again, you can go back to your old misbehavin’ ways. :)

10. I think ‘snorfmeister’ is a terrific nickname. glad she is doing well.

11. So does she! Now for some shameless promotion of my wiggle worms: there are a bunch more pics of her and her bffls (Eclair, Munchie and Pumpkin) over at our blog:

Thanks again!

12. Ah, I’ll have a bowl of Twix, please.

13. Yea Twixie!!!

14. lisaLASSIE says:

That is wonderful news!!! And one of the most adorable peegs I’ve ever seen.

15. I love the nosicle. And the whorl at the top. I used to have guinea pigs that had haircuts like that. And others with whorls all over their bodies — perpetual bed head.

I’m glad she’s doing so well!