High Diving Giraffes

That would be what’s usually known as a “Non sequitur.”

Non sequitur (pron.: /nɒnˈsɛkwɪtər/) is Latin for “it does not follow.” It is most often used as a noun to describe illogical statements.

And that’s just what this video is. “High Diving” + “Giraffes” aren’t generally used together in sentences. But here we go!

“This is not mine but I came across it today and I thought of you. High-diving giraffes! (I mean, really, where else but up high would giraffes dive from, anyway?) Make sure you watch all the way to the end of the credits.” -Cuteporter Allein S.

Comments

1. gangewifreweaving says:

the whole time spent watching this video i couldn’t help but think of a horrific “planet of the giraffes” -esque situation…

2. Barb and Paul says:

Stick a fork in me, I’m done. Now, I think I’ve seen everything …

3. Seems to me like they were considering getting in a little synchronized swimming right at the end there. I’d watch that.

4. …what, no cannonball?

5. This ALMOST makes me think that it’s time for a Fantasia reboot. ;) Almost.

6. doomchild says:

The animators have some serious skill. Not just the fluent and realistic animations, but the lighting, textures, little details in how the giraffes move their ears and heads, the light on the water… Brilliant!

If only I could’ve stopped worrying that they’ll slip and get hurt when running on the slippery wet floor :P

7. Martha in Washington says:

THIS is what computers should be used for!!! Too brilliant!

8. Tall tales.

9. mariposas says:

ok I was thinking if this is real this is kinda creepy……

10. fleurdamour says:

It looks like the Fantasia ballet staged at the Guggenheim.

11. Alice Shortcake says:

My thoughts exactly. I demand a sequel starring the Giraffe Synchronized Swimming Team, complete with cheesy grins and waterproof makeup.

12. Brilliant!

13. KittyMarthaPoo says:

one of the cutest & coolest things I have ever seen.

14. Rachael says:

Wow! Simply amazing.

15. AND…the artist has also done one of an elephant on a trampoline! One has to wonder about the strength of the material making up the trampoline, one does. If I were as computer literate as the rest of youse guys, I would link the film. Since I’m not, I’ll just let you find it on The Tube of You as you normally would. Enjoy!

16. edmundh says:

I was enjoying the whole thing until they all took a sip at the end. Then I was like “ewww….drinking swimming pool water?!?”

17. Mute if you’re offended by profanity.

18. Madame X says:

That is so…French. Which is to say, elegant and stylish with a soupçon of weird decadence.

And cute.

19. Haha. I thought the same thing. :)

20. Me, too! Apparently, I’m terrified of giraffes walking calmly through corridors. Who knew?

21. All I could think of was someone had way too much time on their hands…it is stunning and unnerving.

22. You know, I was thinking that too, but then I thought that I guess we could say that about any artist, and what would our world be like without art, all types, so then I thought, go for it! …

23. I kept waiting for the “No giraffes were harmed in the making of this film.” What in the heck was this? Totally weird in a French sort of way. Who thinks of these things?

24. Shelley says:

What do you mean ALMOST? Isn’t it always time for the best movie ever?

25. CrankyAmy says:

I loved seeing all the different dives they were doing.

26. I was thinking the same thing. The light from the windows on the bottom of the poot with shadows or other giraffes. Absolutely gorgeous. A serious amount of research went into learning exactly how giraffes move and how light works.

Also, hahaha, “No running By The Pool!” That was a mantra of my parents during my childhood.

27. Hey. No running around the pool, giraffes.

28. bluebird says:

I found the hanging giraffes disturbing, but overall this is gorgeous. Gorgeous!

29. twocityshibas says:

10’s all around!

30. whawhawhatsis says:

This is almost better than lap giraffes, if such a thing is possible!

31. The Original Jane says:

Am I the only one who (after the initial “huh?” reaction) ended up smiling and laughing and thoroughly enjoying this? Maybe it’s my french ancestry.

32. Jiraffes can’t swim. they wil drown in water.

33. Giraffes can’t swim. One of the only mammals who can’t. they would drown in water.

34. I’m still waiting for my house giraffe.

35. found it! thank u!

36. petless in Puddletown says:

Guggenheim Natatorium!!

37. tellthetruth1 says:

I saw that just before this one! :)

38. Really not the point though…

39. That’s what they want you to think.

40. Deirdre says:

Does anyone remember that ad showing a mega rich Russian that has a foot high giraffe? If and if, I would so totally have a herd of those in my house!