Forget The Horse Whisperer, Meet The Seal Snuggler

Hey Hoomin! Wanna pat my head? Lemme just scoot over for ya.

“You guys must have received this a million times already, but here it is again. Look! A man is being blorped! Twice!” -Vanessa B.

(From the video:) “Charlie Bird meets seals while traveling through Antarctica following the route of explorer Tom Crean’s final expedition alongside Ernest Shackleton aboard the Endurance in 1914-15.”

Comments

1. I wonder whet that is?
    Maybe if I climb on it?
    Hey it’s comfy and warm, I think I’ll take a nap.

What a lucky guy, I would love to be a mattress for cute bloorpy seal pups!

2. I need that job.

3. mrtsmom says:

An Irishman, with the accordant accent and disposition, being examined and then snuggled by seals. The level of perfection is off the charts. The world is a wondrous place.

4. Crystal says:

Love his laugh…
    How stinking cute is this video?!?!?!? <3

5. “You’re weird. But, warm.”

6. OK, I guess I’ll stop complaining about the twelve-pound cat on my chest at night.

7. 260Oakley says:

Irishman re-Joyces beneath Fin-agains Wake.

8. prinsas says:

amen

9. prinsas says:

nk. don’t be a wuss. or jealous ;)

10. I was thinking the same re my 16 lb. Maine Coon, who does not step or lie gently on me.

11. How did he keep his hands off them ?? I would have been stroking & hugging them as much as they let me !!! My rule is if you blorp on me I get to at least stroke you.

12. May the Blorp be with you.

13. Martha in Washington says:

So seals are basically cats? “This is something new and usual. I must lay on it!”

14. Martha in Washington says:

I was wondering that too. So velvety looking! (The seals, not the cute Irishman.)

15. I don’t think he could actually move his hands. They were being blorped.

16. his laughter!!! pure joy and wonderment!!

17. The starts right BEHIND me! :)

18. Yep, you can really feel the joy through his laughter!

19. I have one of those. When they step on your boob…ouchy!!!!

20. Blue Footed Booby says:

Try being nard-stomped by an 80 pound labrador.

21. Honestly, so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes….

22. Rex's Mom says:

omg that is so cute!!! Why isn’t that my job?? What a sweet, pure moment.

23. Meg and crew, CO needs to add to its calendar output. NOMTOM’s coffee table book would be great, plus a “Men of CO” beefcake calendar, plus–and this is the really innovative part of my idea–a video calendar. Every day, when you turn on your computer, the program pops up with your schedule and a wonderful CO video to start the day. Wouldn’t that make the world a happier place!

24. fleurdamour says:

Goes home to Dublin, writes U-seal-ysses.

25. I’d buy it! :)

26. “May the blorp be with you,” and, “They where being blorped,” and my alternative, I’ve been blorped!”

Commented by Brinke and Vanessa Bennett respectively. I REALLY hope these phrases become a thing.

27. Clairedelune says:

Stop it you two, too much so early in the morning!!

28. Clairedelune says:

How wonderful!! Such delightful pups, and what a lucky man.

29. What’s a nard?

30. New Band Name: Nard-Stomping Labradors

31. Awwwwww!! And he doesn’t even have to approach them himself, they just come floomping up the beach to meet him?
    Why oh why are there no elephant seals in my neighborhood?

32. (Floomp: a totally not made up word describing the way seals (and other blorpular beings) move about on land.)

33. Alice Shortcake says:

“Well, this is comfy. Think I’ll just stay here for a while and scratch my head.”

34. Also writes a book of short stories about the event: Blubberliners

35. ” O, I’m going to try napping on that human blorp, they always look so lonely.”
    “omg, you can nap on those!? I wanna try too! Hmh…mm.. Ump. Well it’s warm but it’s not very squishy, hard to blorp a good position, o there, there we go.”

36. Oh hang on I just worked it out. Don’t answer that!

37. i have watched three times in a row, shared with everyone i know… i LOVE this so so so much. their beautiful eyes and the simple easy trust that they give him. i would feel blessed too.

38. I love the guy’s wonder and joy at the experience. I would LOVE to be able to experience the same trust and companionship from a wild creature. I hope they don’t let people over there, though. Those poor babies would be loved to death.

39. Theresa says:

My cats have always been bladder-crushing specialists.

40. Theresa says:

Floomph

41. Ooh, that is better. Especially with blorp of this caliber.

42. I love how happy it made him to be bumped on by those big baby seals. I pictured myself spending the day snuggled up on a big velvety seal and it made me smile.

43. Theresa says:

Blormph. :D

44. Awww. This speaks to our primal need to be connected to nature. When we have it, it makes us so happy. Not that everyone can be blorped, but that too much of our life leaves us disconnected from the natural world and deep blorpy encounters like this are inexplicably joyous.