Flashback Friday

Hey soldier, don’t forget your wingman down here. Can I have a kees too?

3210637493_cae1000423_o
“Soldier’s Goodbye & Bobbie the Cat”, by Sam Hood 1872-1953, State Library of New South Wales

Comments

1. I’m sure such a beautiful kitty-cat would have got a smooch straight after.

Loving those shoes nearly as much as I’m loving that kitty.

2. Blue Footed Booby says:

Looks like kitty is looking up her skirt.

3. Crystal says:

Right? I want those shoes…

4. Mamabear says:

Beautiful photo!

5. I know, same here! The shoes were the first I thing I noticed but, yes, the whole picture is very sweet!

6. Hope the nice kitty’s daddy came back safe and sound.

7. Coffee Cup says:

Modesty Police Cat here for action.

8. I was thinking the same thing! “Nice garters, honey!”

9. I’m glad it wasn’t just me! Those shoes are amazing!!

10. Shoooooooooes!!!!

11. SlaveToCat says:

That’s a never before photographed “Peeping Tom Cat”. A very elusive character.

12. I thought that…and then I thought SHOEEEESSSS!

13. Ayeesha says:

I love those shoes! Her feet are so tiny! Cat is adorable too!

14. whawhawhatsis says:

And I’m not even a shoe person, but those are amazing! Oh, and of course so is the kitteh!

15. HAAA!

16. Oh, c’MON, people, will you NEVER learn??!!

Note where the ‘innocent’ kitteh just happens to be perched: right at the top of the stairs. He’s looking up to confirm–yes, the hoomins’ attention is focused way up there. Everything’s going exactly according to his evil plan. In one more second, the man is going to turn, swing that right foot around, ‘catch’ himself on the cat, and do The Dance of the Tumbling Schmuck all the way down the stairs.

17. The Original Jane says:

I only clicked here to comment on the shoes! Want!

18. The Original Jane says:

Or girdle. :)

19. luvstehQte says:

i thought so too! that cat is a bit of a perv…

20. Okay. I´m not going to say anything rude here cause this is CO. But rude thoughts do spring to mind, hehehe.

21. Wow! Jumping on board to say . . . “I LOVE THOSE SHOES”! (Cute kitteh too, of course!)

22. Way late to the party, but I, too, came in here specifically to express my swoonage over those gorgeous shoes. WANT.

Now I am on a mission to find the closest thing to those, in time for the start of the next closed-toe-shoe season in about four months.

Wish me luck, ladies. I’ll let you know if I find anything close.

23. Same here.