Flashback Friday

Hey soldier, don’t forget your wingman down here. Can I have a kees too?

“Soldier’s Goodbye & Bobbie the Cat”, by Sam Hood 1872-1953, State Library of New South Wales

1. I’m sure such a beautiful kitty-cat would have got a smooch straight after.

Loving those shoes nearly as much as I’m loving that kitty.

2. Crystal says:

Right? I want those shoes…

3. I know, same here! The shoes were the first I thing I noticed but, yes, the whole picture is very sweet!

4. I’m glad it wasn’t just me! Those shoes are amazing!!

5. whawhawhatsis says:

And I’m not even a shoe person, but those are amazing! Oh, and of course so is the kitteh!

6. Shoooooooooes!!!!

7. The Original Jane says:

I only clicked here to comment on the shoes! Want!

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

Looks like kitty is looking up her skirt.

9. SlaveToCat says:

That’s a never before photographed “Peeping Tom Cat”. A very elusive character.

10. I thought that…and then I thought SHOEEEESSSS!

11. HAAA!

12. luvstehQte says:

i thought so too! that cat is a bit of a perv…

13. Coffee Cup says:

Modesty Police Cat here for action.

14. I was thinking the same thing! “Nice garters, honey!”

15. The Original Jane says:

Or girdle. :)

16. Mamabear says:

Beautiful photo!

17. Hope the nice kitty’s daddy came back safe and sound.

18. Same here.

19. Ayeesha says:

I love those shoes! Her feet are so tiny! Cat is adorable too!

20. Oh, c’MON, people, will you NEVER learn??!!

Note where the ‘innocent’ kitteh just happens to be perched: right at the top of the stairs. He’s looking up to confirm–yes, the hoomins’ attention is focused way up there. Everything’s going exactly according to his evil plan. In one more second, the man is going to turn, swing that right foot around, ‘catch’ himself on the cat, and do The Dance of the Tumbling Schmuck all the way down the stairs.

21. Okay. I´m not going to say anything rude here cause this is CO. But rude thoughts do spring to mind, hehehe.

22. Wow! Jumping on board to say . . . “I LOVE THOSE SHOES”! (Cute kitteh too, of course!)

23. Way late to the party, but I, too, came in here specifically to express my swoonage over those gorgeous shoes. WANT.

Now I am on a mission to find the closest thing to those, in time for the start of the next closed-toe-shoe season in about four months.

Wish me luck, ladies. I’ll let you know if I find anything close.