Um…Hello? Hello? Anyone Wanna Play?

C’mon Mr. Dog. Just for a little bit? C’mon c’mon c’mon.

Sent in by Liz S.

1. Owl be seeing you in all the old familiar places… that my heart embraces all day long…

2. Oceanview says:

Well, I know that German wirehaired pointers are bird dogs, but this is ridonkulous!

3. Jenny Islander says:

OWL: Hewwo, Mistew Doggie. Pway? Pway? . . .
    DOG: Oh crap and a half IT’S BACK maybe if I ignore it it’ll go awayyyyyy
    OWL: Pway? Pway? Pwease pway? (nibble nibble)
    DOG: please wake up please wake up please wake up
    OWL: Gotcha eaw! Pway? Pway? . . . (sigh)
    DOG: Go away, Hello Cthulhu. Just.Go.Away.
    OWL: Awww, iz da doggie a sad doggie? I make it bettew. (groom groom)
    DOG: I give up. Do with me what you will, o fluffy eldritch horror.
    OWL: Aw, phooey, not gonna pway. (heads for cameraperson) Pway? Pway?

4. Yay, someone else who uses “crap and a half”! Also, fits the video perfectly.

5. Theresa says:

AND “eldritch horror”! :lol:

6. Catwhisperer says:

Ha! Great narration, Jenny!

7. “Fluffy eldritch horror” is something I’m gonna have to work into conversation today.

8. :D

9. did i miss something? did anyone move? this video is WAY too long!

10. wow, the giant killer feets used to gently pet on the dog. very dear.

11. But it’s not very often you get to see a wol in one place for so long, so all the more interesting for it.

12. Wow! What’s the backstory on this?

13. Stressfactor says:

Looking at their two websites it appears as though this family keeps and raises various raptors (looks like mostly falcons although there is “Wee” here) and then uses them to help teach people about raptors, train those who want to own and fly falcons (the ancient sport of falconry) and also (IMO brilliantly) offer pest control services through the raptors.

So Mr. Owl here looks to be a ‘working family pet’ and has probably grown up around the dog. And vice versa,

14. “This owl–Louise (nickname Wee) loves Annie the bird dog. You should see where they work visit them at: and

That is all the information that is forthcoming on the YouTube page.

15. Lovely, patient doggie. Possibly a bit bemused as well.

16. What a lovely start to my day:
    …the tender touches
    …such a flouffy owl
    …the patient puppeh
    and I quietly call matchinks.
    I think this day will be delightful. Thank-you.

17. Rachael says:

Are those the owlie’s normal feets? Or is he/she wearing gloves? :)

Patient, patient goggy. What a sweet friendship – just makes my day.

18. amyliz says:

How do these situations happen? And why do they never happen to me???

19. The Original Jane says:

20. Blue Footed Booby says:

Looks like the owl is preening his dogfriend. :3

21. rescue gal says:

I call not real- these creatures have been created by Jim Henson’s magical workshop to amuse and delight us!

22. Daniel Ben-Zvi says:

I can’t be the only one who looked at the dog and thought “Sprocket!”.

23. rescue gal says:

HONEST- I did not look at the You Tube comments, LOL. That was just a funny co-incodence; but I am not alone in my thinking.

24. Aunt Bev says:

So I am guessing the baby owlet survival ratio is not exactly high… guess the wise owl part kicks in much later…

25. ceejoe says:

My first reaction: WTH is that?!?
    Second reaction: Puppeh is looking at hoomin like Can’t you make it leave me alone???

26. That dog has clearly been trained to not engage the birds, I’m guessing from the few comments of the film maker that having birds around is somewhat regular. Another option is that the bird has hurt the dog before, but she just seems rather annoyed if anyhing by it.

27. Jenny Islander says:

Apparently the dog actually helped raise the bird, although the maternal instinct apparently wore off. On their site there’s a video of the bird, now a full-grown owl, riding in the back seat with the dog. The owl is all “I wuv oo” and the dog just sighs and props her chin on the rear windowsill.

28. Matchingks?

29. Theresa says:

That’s a BIG baby. Also matchingks.

30. Somewhere there’s a cat crying at home and looking up divorce attorneys in the yellow pages.