Turkish Delight!

From intrepid Cuteporter Suvi: “Hi Cute Overload and greetings from Finland! Yours is the best website ever!” [Thanks! -Ed]

8701555819_0e40e37ff2_b

“If I ever feel blue, visiting CO makes me feel better. Every time :). Here are some Turkish delights [Stole this for the header, again- thanks! -Ed] from my holiday trip.”

8701556069_af4be04b99_b

“In Istanbul, there are cats on every corner. I basically took pictures of three things during my holiday: cats, mosques and food.” [You forgot to send the food shots. -Ed]

8702678240_50a31f1cd1_b

Comments

1. That is so true. They’re all well fed, clean, and cute, and friendly and unafraid of people in the Sultanahmet area. Everywhere else this isn’t so true.

2. amyliz says:

My sentiments about CO exactly! And the kittehs are beautiful!

3. T.U.M. says:

Cats love turkey.

4. ceejoe says:

Nice. Very nice.

5. maggie says:

And, as the first photo proves, cats are not immune to the tryptophan effect of the turkey. In fact, in the feline metabolism, it’s enhanced by sunbeams and fabric…

6. ceejoe says:

So, if I was in Turkey, I could buy my blankets/throws already covered with cat hair! :)

7. Catwhisperer says:

Someone brought me a box of Turkish Delights after a visit to Turkey, and there was NOT ONE kitteh in it! Let this serve as a reminder to all — be wary of unscrupulous shopkeepers when traveling. ;)

8. T.U.M. says:

And they can spread it to others. When kitty wants me to sleep, I can’t help but sleep.

9. Saffron says:

Excellent point ceejoe!

If I visited Turkey I would come home with a suitcase of kittehs.

10. T.U.M. says:
  11. Rachael says:

Wow, you must’ve been so bummed! Thank you for the warning – I will be extra wary of empty promises.

12. I was in Turkey last summer and I loved seeing all of the kitties everywhere, not just in Istanbul. My friends and I named the one outside our hotel, Cat-tatürk. The dogs there are pretty smart, too. Many of them know how to cross the street at the crosswalk and wait for the lights to change (mainly by following groups of people.) I was able to scritch so many noggins on my vacation!

13. polydactyl kitty alert!

14. MelindaLP says:

Yet another reason to want to visit Istanbul! Definitely moving up my list.

15. You know that first cat is going to complain later about something in her bed that felt like a boulder and made it hard to sleep.

16. Same here, Saffron :D