Is It…HOT ENOUGH For Ya?

While part of the USA midwest is dealing with SNOW (checks calendar, it’s only May) it’s been a TAD on the warm side in the San Francisco Bay Area. These guys at the SF Zoo are soaking up the solars and don’t seem to mind the temp one bit. [Say like Cliff Claven:] “Ah, little SPF 15’ll do the trick.”

8699123471_8c29988023_b

8699123643_552871a472_o

8700247120_f640cfa8f4_o
Submitted by Mollie at SF Weekly. Photos creditos: 1)Marianne Hale/SF Zoo. 2) and 3) May Woon/SF Zoo.

Comments

1. Look at the smile on that chilling kangaroo!

2. Mamabear says:

This is cute, yes, but also fascinating, to me. We ALL do this. Humans, dogs, cats (especially cats, lol), all these critters, cows, horses… It’s not just the act of basking in the sun either, but the posture of closing one’s eyes and tilting the face upward is just universal. I find the specific act to turning your face to the sun, that it seems to be present in every species, (jeeze, even plants do this! -happy little daisies turning their face to the sun) to be cool as heck.

You might be white, black, Catholic, atheist, on two legs, four legs, wheels, tall, short, furry, hairless, happy, sad, have one stomach, or three, speak English, German… we are all connected and we all love Mr. Sun.

Have a happy weekend all, and even if he’s not shining in your area today, lift you face and smile anyway. He’ll be back soon enough. :D

Hope that wasn’t too cheesy, I just got caught up in the moment of this video and wanted to share the love with all of my fellow humans:

3. amyliz says:

The dude in the top photo (what exactly is he?) looks like he just burst into “Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful da-a-ay!” All the pictures are great…such happy-lookin’ critters!

4. Thank You, Mamabear. Such wise words and such a moving video (and I can still understand Russian, twenty-so years after I left the school :) ). Have a happy day, all ye good people of CO :)

5. Madame X says:

Sniff! Someone must be slicing onions around here someplace. That, or my allergies are acting up. Such lovely people, helping others in need. Maybe there is hope for humanity yet!

6. Madame X says:

:o

7. The first animal to me looks like he’s delivering a sermon.

8. Such a sweet video! Thanks for sharing. :)

9. I think that’s a lemur.

10. All the animals look like they’re singing! “LA! la. Lalala!”

11. Rachael says:

Mamabear, this is one of the most inspiring comments I’ve ever read on the interwebz. Between that, the video and the music, I am in tears. But they are happy tears because I feel so kindly toward my fellow hoomans.

12. Red ruffed lemur, I believe.

13. Personally I thought that lemur was meditating. Looked like he was touching his middle finger and thumb in a contemplative gesture.

14. ElishaB says:

I was thinkin’ that too……I can hear him now……OMMMMMMMMM

15. Clairedelune says:

Thank you Mamabear, for reminding me that not all of us are hearltess killers and haters, and there are stilll many who are capable of unselfish acts of love toward other living beings whether two-legged, four-legged, and wearing clothes, fur or feathers.

16. Clairedelune says:

Are lemurs THAT big? The ones I have seen on TV were all much smaller, like a medium-size dog at most.

17. Clairedelune says:

Let’s see: the first dude is taking a bow after reciting his poem “Ode to the Sun”; dude number two is practicing hitting the high C, preparing for the afternoon concert in the park; dude number three, standing up, had a couple of Mai-Tais at his wedding and is singing the “Hawaiian Wedding Song” while his new wife, sitting down, had one piña coldada too many and is getting all teary-eyed.