Good Grief, It’s Lucy

Look at that face. #REDONK. Sally M., the floor is yours.

“This is Lucy- she holds the Guinness World Record for Smallest Working Dog.”

2013-05-02_21.15.07

11931_388333154613237_374837521_n

8678300303_9e37bb35b0_b

“This is Gabriel, like the angel but NOT. Lucy’s older brother. A pirate. Taught her ALL the BAD tricks she knows.”

8678300265_0c8235bc9c_b

“Lucy is a rescue, once homeless and now holds a world record. Just took a chance on a dirty little runt as sweet as pie. Trained her as a therapy dog when I saw how smart and gentle she was. We go into tough situations such as Newtown CT and look to go wherever we are needed. Here’s Lucy in Newtown last December 22.”

32405_325102024269684_507026088_n

“Lucy riding Cooper, a huge Great Dane. They arrive to therapy sessions like that.”

8678300089_c03b75c308_b

8678300141_7dbf335f04_b

8678300023_52d4945e90_b

Comments

1. Lucy is awesome! Hooray for rescuing her and for her being a therapy dog.

2. Martha in Washington says:

Tonguehance PLEASE!!!
    Yay Lucy! It sounds like her heart is bigger than she is!!!

3. I’M IN LOVE! I’M IN LOVE WITH THIS PUP! PS my real name is lucinda, but people call me lucy :3

4. ceejoe says:

That is awesome. I have to say too, that the hoomins that work with the therapy dogs are pretty special too.

5. kiragirl says:

way cool

6. Totally Jersey says:

Lots of love in a teeny little package. Love Lucy!

PS – When she rang the little bell with her nose, I almost hugged my screen.

7. I bet you would see rainbows and unicorns and bunnies dancing in a row if you were to be licked by her teensy weensy tongue.

8. lisaLASSIE says:

Sally you are a very kind person to rescue little tiny one AND to visit people with her as therapy.

9. Stick a fork in me, I’m done……this has to be the cutest, littlist thing I have ever seen. The photos with other dogs just really shows how tiny she is.
    What is the old saying? Dynamite comes in small packages, well Lucy is “packing” cute, cute, cute!

10. Brinke says:

I could not believe that. Just added the notation. The hoomin Sally was most friendly to deal with- we were emailing furiously back and forth late into the night east coast time. I am just guessing…this isn’t the last time Lucy appears on these pages. I don’t gamble….but I wouldn’t bet against it.

11. omg, I had to go back and watch it again. Squee!!

12. Eeek!! I LOVE Lucy! ;) I want to cuddle her. :)

13. Smallest currently or smallest ever? And what does “working” encompass? Because if “Outside Sales Rep” is a dog job, then the smallest working dog i ever met was Killer, of Kreitler Rollers fame. That’s him in the photo here, riding in Al Kreitler’s overalls, where he could be found when he wasn’t investigating every corner and greeting customer in your local bike shop:

Hmm… looks from that like Lucy could still be smaller. the controversy continues.

14. I’ve met guinea pigs that are bigger than Lucy.

I’m so glad she’s such a sweetheart and doesn’t have a Napoleon complex like so many small dogs seem to. I suppose she’d be a great therapy dog for little kids (and grownups too) who are afraid of the bigger varieties.

15. The jumping shot ftw!

PS. 2.5 lbs?! Omigerd.

16. Rachael says:

I love Lucy (somebody had to say it :) ).

When my Lily was in doggie daycare, a little autistic girl came in with her mom to arrange boarding for their dog. The little girl took such a shine to my 4 pound chihuahua that she actually asked the daycare owner if she could hold her. I was told that this child never talks to anybody outside her own family. I cried tears of joy when I heard that story.

Dogs are the most amazing creatures and for me, the sun rises and sets on them.

17. Babalu! I also love Lucy. :-)
    (gawd I must be old to remember that)

18. pookie says:

Omigosh! Lucy is like a real-life Hello Kitty!

19. MinglesMommy says:

Nah, my parents raised me on those reruns. “I love Lucy and she loves me/ we’re as happy as we can be … ” I thought of it too!

20. MinglesMommy says:

LUCY. IS. CRAZY. ADORABLE. SO cute… I can only type in CAPS!

21. I already said I Love Lucy. That’s why I ;) after my comment. :) I guess people thought I was too young to know about that TV show! :D

22. Purple says:

I love that little girls hair!! Just next to her is a frustrated Mum, with a whole stock of ribbons and pretty clips, but that hair just won’t grow.

oh and of course Lucy is gorgeous too.

23. sabrina rose says:

What a really wonderful little dog! The whole world can be proud of what little Lucy can do. I think the flower thingy represents Lucy’s aura of love and warmth and the happiness she brings to everyone. Her agility work was amazing!!

24. Rachael says:

Whoops. My bad. :)

25. pupfanatic says:

Lucy shmushed together w/ Great Dane. *Thunk.* I’m out.