Because You Asked For It: Golden Southern Hairy Nosed Wombats!!!!!!

Just when you think you’ve seen it all…….THERE BE WOMBATS!

BIG OVERSIZED H.R. PUFNSTUF KINDA WOMBATS!

Icy and Polar are hanging out at the Cleland Wildlife Park in Adelaide, Australia.

904630_516943738365379_633677357_o

article-2318310-19966EBB000005DC-685_964x643

article-2318310-19966EC9000005DC-953_964x641

article-2318310-19966EE7000005DC-518_964x642
Pix from Tricia Watkinson/Newspix/Rex F.

Comments

1. Lucy's Mommeh says:

That’s it. I’m ded. I’m beyond in love with these two!

2. Hey! This is my hometown. Wombats (‘specially the hairy nosed ones) are cool….not just cute. ;)

3. amyliz says:

Look how happy those women are…I want to be that happy! Someone hand me a wombat immediately! (pretty please?)

4. I swear to God. the moment they figure out time travel I’ll go back in time and change my major to zoology or veterinary or biology!!
    no one ever told me there would be wombats when I became a lawyer…

5. 4leafclover says:

We’re gonna need a bigger lap!

6. I lived in Australia for a year and I fell in love with Wombats – those things are everywhere. We called them hamster pigs.

7. I was a Zoology/Genetics major. All I got to study was hienas (not exactly cute overload worthy) and fruit flies. Maybe I should have gone for my PHD in Wombatology.

8. emmberrann says:

Wombats are soooooo cute. And these have suuuuuuch beeyouteeful coats. I just love them. This makes me happy.

9. Thea will be known as the four Blondes.

10. The last pic slayed me. “Oh, Hello. Didn’t see you come in. Care for some dirt?”

11. Saffron says:

HR Pufnstuf reference!!!! (Although I was more of a Bugaloos fan myself)
    So in the last pic, wombat should be asking not for lunch but for a magic flute…..

12. I never would have discovered wombats without Cuteoverload. And now I’m obsessed with them. They’re fabulous. Thanks, Meg and crew!

13. Once A Fish says:

I was wondering if anyone else would recognize that! Oh boy, memories… slightly terrifying memories, but memories nonetheless…

14. Rachael says:

Look how happy those two ladies are!!! And why not? They each have an armful/lapful of adorabuhl furry chubbulance. I never would’ve discovered wombats without CO either – not that I needed yet another obsession. :)

15. Yesss…I was thinking that they looked like a cross between a rat and a pig! Adorables!

16. fleurdamour says:

I call matchingks – blond wombats get blond girls to snorgle them.

17. skippymom says:

I want a wombat please can I have a wombat please?

18. lisaLASSIE says:

No meeeee, I was here first. Well, not really but I thought of it first, knowing that one day again we would have wombats here and that they are among the most adorabuhls animals in the entire universe and that I would completely lose any semblance of decency or decorum by screaming and whining and begging Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez gimme wombats, somebody, anybody, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

19. Isn’t Wombat a great word to say out loud? Try it! WOMBATWOMBATWOMBAT! And jump up and down with your leetle fists clenched. It’s great, and gets a lot of stares, too.

20. Oh great, as if all the conservative accountants I work with don’t already think I’m nuts…

21. socalgirly75 says:

Am I the only one that thought this would make a great Doublemint Gum commercial?

22. Rachael says:

If it was up to me, I’d give it to you first, lisaLASSIE. But really only because I’m afraid you’d come completely unhinged otherwise. :)

23. I’d worry about skippymom coming unhinged, too…

24. They’re so frickin adorable!! I love how awkwardly they’re holding them, haha!

25. They look like two suburban moms chitchatting at the park with their babies.

26. They look like a cross between a piggie and a teddy bear! Awesomesauce!

27. Can’t believe somebody hasn’t mentioned they’re dead ringers for ALF.

28. skippymom says:

HEY!!!

29. NancyL says:

Yesyes, absolutely matchingks! And I could not say who’s cuter — the girls/ladies are sooo adorably happy and they seem to have such a strong link between them!