That’s the Most Redonkulous Thing I’ve Ever Heard

“One morning, I caught a mouse in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know.”

8679787173_d323d95bdd_c
It’s Moo-Moo, via Kazutaka Sawa Portfolio.

Comments

1. HE needs to be holding a cigar!. Just saying.

2. Also The MOUSE-Stache it is The Most Gigantics.

3. Coffee Cup says:

Why did I read this as Christopher Walken?

4. Kitteh should be named Rufus T Firefly.

5. It was fate

6. “Now are you going to come quietly or do I have to use earplugs?”

7. By the way, I think I owe this post an apology: My headline is a variation on “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard,” which may not be an actual Groucho Marx quote, but rather a misattribution, like “Play it again, Sam.”

If anyone can clarify that for me, or suggest a better headline using a real Groucho-ism, I would be so grateful.

8. whawhawhatsis says:

Normally I’d call a kitty with a mustache like that a Kitler, but in this case Moo-Moo definitely qualifies as something else. A Marxler? Whatever it is, he’s gorgeous!

9. Groucho would regularly say this line. I believe he said it in Duck Soup, and I definitely remember hearing it on You Bet Your Life, and few of his other television appearances.

Though…for at least future posts:

“I’m glad I came, but just the same I must be going.”
    “How happy I could be with either of these two if both of them just went away!”
    “in Alabama, the Tusk-a-loosa. But, uh, that’s entirely ir-elephant”
    “You know I could rent you out as a decoy for duck hunters.”
    “Let me out of here, or throw me a magazine!”
    “I’ll see my lawyer about this as soon as he graduates from law school”
    “Can’t you see what I’m trying to tell you? I love you!”
    “I can see you, but I can’t see the stove.”

Being the famous NTMTOM, you’d probably get them all to work.

When in doubt…do an entire post like Harpo.

10. OK, now I’m imagining Harpo Marx singing along to a performance of John Cage’s 4’33″, so thanks a lot for that non-earworm. ;)

Seriously, thank you for the input. I was indeed considering adapting the line “of course, in Alabama the Tuskaloosa,” since it comes in the same speech as “one day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas.”

Trouble was, I had changed “elephant” to “mouse” which would have obligated me to replace “tusks” with “whiskers” and then I would have needed a city name to replace “Tuskaloosa” and it was at that point that I became stuck and had to give up.

11. Bauthorfowler says:

A Groucho Marxist?

12. It’s not small and thin enough for a Kitler. Maybe a Kroucho? Kitties do crouch and pounce a lot. *shrug*

And I do agree. Lovely kitty. ^_^

13. best I could do: “in the midwest, the wisconsin” (whisker-in-sin)

14. petless in Puddletown says:

Personal faves:
    “Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.”
    and
    “Outside of a dog, books are man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.”

15. Fidel Cat-stro?

16. Here’s everyone’s favorite fun couple! :D

17. SlaveToCat says:

Is that a mouse in your pj’s, or are you really happy to see me.

18. or a Moomoostache

19. Yes, a chocolate Moomoostache!!

20. how does she not trip on that dress?

21. *snerk*

22. Clairedelune says:

OMG, Groucho Marx reincarnated as a cat!!!

23. At least this one she didn’t have to hold closed the whole time.

24. Exactly what I was thinking.

25. You can leave in a cat taxi. If you can’t get a cat taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that’s too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff.

26. With such a purr-fect mustache, I would have named him Sir Sean!!!

27. Or Captain Spaulding!

28. Looks like it, Clairedelune :D