Savour Every Moment

We should, shouldn’t we?

A short film by Keith Hopkin.

mia snow head tilt
“I produced this via an artistic grant for Canadian-based pet food company Petcurean. It premieres today, April 27, during the TriBeca Film Festival in NYC. It features dogs and cats captured in super slow motion in the snow in the northeast, to the beach and pools of southern California. I even collaborated with ‘Underwater Dogs‘ photographer Seth Casteel for a portion of it.”

Comments

1. Such a Saturday treat! Absolutely beautiful (especially when maximized to full screen). Thank-you for sharing it with us. l

2. LadyClare says:

Beautiful tribute to animals and reminder as to why we love our pets!

3. can’t wait to have a pet, waiting for retirement first… wonderful film!

4. jlamusings says:

So beautiful- instant happiness from watching! Oh, just when I thought nothing be funnier than Underwater Dogs (or the insane Russian cat licking the vacuum cleaner attachment from last week), Underwater Dogs in motion! WOOT!

5. Ok, first thing this morning, and I cried. What a LOVELY film! Thank you so very much, Keith, for sharing this with us. XOXOXO

6. I cried too–so very very lovely, Keith. Petcurean more than got their money’s worth. Still sniffling and laughing simultaneously– that big orange kitteh racing across the snow was epic!

7. Martha in Washington says:

What a fantastic way to start my day! Thanks Keith and Petcurean and CO!

8. I loff eet!!

9. crying in my coffee. how beautiful!

10. Beautiful. Saved so I can share, watch again.
    Thanks from the heart for sharing this.

11. I love how you ended with the pets at the door, so glad to see you.

12. I loved every minute of it!

13. loved it!

14. Have no words to express how beautiful it is.

15. How stinkin’ beautiful *cries* :cry:

16. I could feel my blood pressure lowering while I watched this. Beautiful!!!

17. DogEared says:

Watching this video (or similar animals-having-fun videos) should be a daily requirement along with the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer (kinda like a daily vitamin). This instantly makes people happier and appreciate all life has to offer! Another example of why i visit CO multiple times a day. Thank you to everyone who makes this possible.

18. Magnificent.
    It made me cry with the happys and then go hug my kittehs.

19. 260Oakley says:

Fret less. Frolick more. Thank you for the beautiful reminder.

20. Took my dog to the vet for a teeth cleaning today and got some bad news about his heart. After sobbing for 40 min, picking him up, and napping a few hours with him…I needed this. Thank you!

21. Madame X says:

Did any of you see this on CNN? A black cat. A white owl. BFF. It is a mouse’s scariest nightmare…

22. BRAVO! Oscar-worthy! So much better than that crap they put out in Hollywood these days.

23. Oh noes! That’s why we’re here. Keep us close.

24. Thanks! Needed it!!!

25. Oh hon, I’m so sorry! I remember when I found out my baby girl had a heart murmur. I was sure it was a death sentence but she’s still here 11 years later, still being a delightful pain in the butt and still the reason I wake up in the morning (both literally and figuratively :) ). I hope that whatever ails your boy can be fixed or just lived with. I will keep him in my prayers.

Can you guys even imagine how empty our world would be without our pets? The thought alone sends a chill through me.

26. they DO KNOW how to seize life and make the best of it, don’t they?! very good film.

27. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

So heartfelt. Touches just the right reason we all love our companions.

28. Loved this so much it brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

29. I savoured every moment. Ahhhh. Sooo beautiful. :)

30. I cried so much after watching tihs. So beautiful! Nothing beats getting home from a hectic day of work and have a furry friendly face waiting for you at the door and putting a smile on your face.

31. nothing better than a dog smiling….and I love how cats just reside above and check out their kingdoms.

32. This is what i think heaven is, i really hope. Wouldn’t that be the coolest?

33. Dragonflye says:

On a related note…. Not only did they make a great film, Petcurean makes a really fantastic dog food, too.

34. That cinematography is right on. I wish I could catch my little pit mx in slow motion. He is so fast and agile when he chases his ball. Amazing capture of the cats-really just amazing. As some people have already commented – this little film is just really really touching.

35. Carri Lynn says:

It’s like a great love song- anyone who has loved an animal understands. Happy tears!

36. AWW :D