What Happens When You Pet a Porcupine?

Will the porcupine think it’s a puppy? Will you require medical assistance from Dr. Tweezers? Will there be balloons involved? Let’s pet a porcupine and find out!

Fave Frame:

From CutiesNFuzzies on PorcYoupineTube.

1. SlaveToCat says:

Awwwww so sweet.
    Wonder if you can order a non armored one so you can cuddle without a suit of armor.

2. Awwwww! He wuvs him!

3. the belly scritches starting at :51 omg!

4. tiamatsdg says:

I never imagined in my wildest dreams of giving a porcupine a belly rub!

5. I wonder what Teddy Bear has to say about this.

6. Teddy would say he’s an amateur. You only do that if there’s corn involved :)

7. Athena's mom says:

8. The spinningks!

9. The spinnings and the tail swishes LOL!

10. o.O
    Adorable, but I am NOT going to try this at home. Look hazardous.

11. The happy spinning… oh I am ded.

12. Blue Footed Booby says:

He so waddly. Such cute creatures.

Don’t think this vid has been posted here. Skip to 3:56 to hear some amazing noises.

13. “Wow. You are *covered* in death.”

Very funny! Adorable porcupine, too!

14. Awww, so sweet! I’m sure a critter with pointy things all over him doesn’t get much petting or belly rubs. He sure took to it, didn’t he? Hope he gets more attention like that!

15. What a sweet little guy!! He sure does loff his hooman. The spinningks just about keeled me. :)

16. That porcupine clearly wants “up” as in “Up, Mommy!

17. It’s so fluffy I will die!

Yet another animal I thought wasn’t terribly cute and CO proves me wrong.

18. Sharon Wilson says:

They showed this kind of behavior on “Zoboomafoo!” I had no idea porcupines do it when they’re not alarmed. But seriously, do you want to encourage cuddliness in a porcupine??

19. I think I’d rather have a pet porcupine than a pet croc (you have heard of that gentleman in Costa Rica?)

20. Luvs the spinnings…
    He’s not “wide”, he’s fluffy!!
    Don’t cha just wanna pick him up and cuddle?

21. It’s a puppehpine! 8-)

22. i do believe he’s expressing the fact that humans finally get porcupines

23. Kari Callin says:

What happens when you pet a porcupine? Apparently, it turns into a furry top, spinning madly all around! LOL

24. are you freaking kidding me?? I now MUST adopt a porcupine.

25. O.k….. #1 OMG BELLEH RUBS !!!!!!
    #2 OMG that has GOT to be the coolest, sweetest sounding, space alien “porky” pine I have never seen before !!! I think Kemosabe & Teddy should get together & cut an album ! Oh Yea ! ” Doin’ it Porky Style ” The first cut should be
    “Sharp Dressed Man “!

26. Mikeyfur says:

“Sharp Dressed Man”?!?! That was very nicely done.

27. Thank You , Thankyouverymuch !

28. That title skeered me 8-O But BOY is this cute :D

29. Looked like the porky-pine was trying to chase his own tail there. :D

30. Whoa. I thought Teddy was adorable but this guy…

31. So spikey! So full of love!

32. *snicker* What I love is the fact that you see this fluffy, loving, massive bundle of a thing which then turns around and looks flatter than a pancake. 8-O

I think someone forgot his spikey pants before coming into work today!