Ellie’s Had One Of Those Weeks

From Cuteporter Lauren U.: “Here’s my 14 year old kitty, Ellie, de-stressing after a rough week in Watertown, MA. (We’re a little less than 1 mile from where they caught him.) She spent the morning fluffing her toe fuzz and promptly fell asleep purring.”

photo

Comments

1. skippymom says:

She is so gorgeous. Glad you guys are OK.

2. The Floof is strong in this one.

3. excellent Yoda reference.

4. What skippymom said.

Ellie has a very impressive amount of floof! Her tail is particularly spectacular.

5. petless in Puddletown says:

Can we get an audio loop added? There used to be one on the Interwebs that I listened to… I miss the purring most of all!!

6. IT’S SO FLUFFY!!!!! (I hope you all say it in the voice of the youngest girl from Despicable Me)

7. Seconded

8. emmberrann says:

Toehawks! Haven’t had an excuse to use phrase lately, but Ellie is showing how to display them to perfection!

9. 10/10 for using the phrase “fluffing her toe fuzz”!!! [cheering crowd goes wild]

10. Along with her cataloons.

11. her big ole fluffy rabbit feet, that fluffy tail, an her belly just waiting to be snorgled

12. Thirded!

13. Hope all you people in the Boston area get to copy Ellie and fluff toe fuzz and relax.

14. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

We, in the Boston area, can all take a little lesson in relaxing again from Ellie after this past week.

15. I’m gonna die!

16. Clairedelune says:

What skippymom and Berg said, double. OMG, the floof!!

17. Clairedelune says:

The best cataloons ever!!!

18. Clairedelune says:

She’s one big, floofy snorgle magnet.

19. skippymom says:

I’m coming in to Cambridge for a conference on Thursday and am wondering whether it is going to feel different.

20. skippymom says:

And we know that you are a fan of tails, Berg.

21. bit o’ triv: they (i forget who) had a map showing the locations of the incidents on the night/morning of the chase, and the dots for incidents in cambridge were pretty much arranged in a wide circle that was pretty much centered on the house i lived in when i was in school there. then of course it all shifted west to watertown. the chase. not me. i went west decades ago.

p.s. that cat wants the world’s floofiest belleh raspberry snorgle ever

22. Taking an out-of-town friend to walk the Freedom Trail this week. Maybe this will be the plan afterwards.

23. skippymom says:

Where did you go to school?

24. She . . . is . . . MAGNIFICENT. 8O

25. in one of them faintsy colleges for east coast elites.

26. Once your toe fuzz is fluffed, there’s really nothing left to do but nap!

27. maxtben1 says:

Those are some very hairy beans indeed. My girl has tufts that poke out between her toes, but nothing like this. I’m thinkin’ this kitteh may be part yeti.

28. maxtben1 says:

Just looked again, ‘cos I couldn’t believe the floof and just noticed you can’t actually see the beans for the floof. Good lord!

29. Aw. My dear departed tuxie Maine Coon Missy used to look just like that when she lay around on her back with her fluffy little legs in the air. I used to call that pose “The Reversible Cat.”

30. Want.

31. Skippymom, I went ‘into town’ on Saturday and I can say it still is Boston. A bit on edge, but kinder than usual and prouder than ever.
    Can’t speak for Cambridge. ;)

(really tempted to use the hovertext as a reason to start complaining about how Dunks isn’t what it used to be, whatever happened to just ordering a “large regular” and getting it… now so many questions…)

32. ladykatey says:

People don’t actually say “Dunkies”. They say “Dunks.”
    And we call Cumberland Farms convenience stores “Cumbys.”
    And Market Basket supermarkets are “Demoula’s.”
    Where in addition to having Patriots Day as a city holiday, Boston observes “Evacuation Day”…. which coincidentally is the same day as St Patrick’s Day.
    Where the “T” is full of black Northface jacket clad college kids looking at their iPhones and halfheartedly rolling their eyes when the subway power goes out for a few seconds and comes back on… again. At least most of the subway gets cell service now.
    Where a hideous neon advertising sign has become so much a part of our identity that when Citgo tried to remove it the citizens of this city protested enough that its been declared a landmark.

33. The Original Jane says:

Yup.

34. Oh, I so want to snorgle your dear sweet 14 year old kitty, Ellie, Lauren U. :D I am also so glad to hear that you and your dear sweet kitty are okay :D (BIG CYBER HUG for you both)

35. My Stinky used to lie all splayed like that too. He looked like you could land F-15s on his belleh. :P

36. Fourthed!!! Hugs to everyone in Boston!! God Bless America!!!

37. Enjoy the Freedom Walk….I did it!!!

38. My Lola does that too. I call it “airing out her wares”! :)

39. thelittlemyrmidon says:

In Boston that “large regular” would be called a “reg’lar Cahfee’ and, yes, DD’s not the same since they no longer import beans grown just for them. Have been meaning to ask son who works at Sloan School (MIT) how things are going. Yesterday many streets closed off for memorials for Sean Collier.

40. thelittlemyrmidon says:

Oh man! So true. But I love the CITGO sign! Those were the days of real neon signs! Remember the White Fuel sign? And I think the Hilltop’s sign is a Nat’l landmark too (“24, 198, 145 for Dodge City!”)

41. skippymom says:

I think we may gone to the same one.

42. skippymom says:

hahaha “may have”, rather
    my english major cred is slipping

43. ‘Tis true, skippymom, I do appreciate a floofy tail. How is the fellow in your area with the attachable tail?

44. let me work on that.

45. Karem Astmer says:

Just love her!!!

46. ha ha – that’s my txt message tone on my phone. My daughter gives me the “really mom?” stare every time it goes off.