‘Sup, Broseph?

Have a primo day at work, bud. I’ll just chill and mind the crib, yo.

1. I’m filing this under “Human has adapted to cat cuffing him every time he walks by.”

2. That’s my interpretation, too, but I still find it adorable. See, hoomins can be trained!

3. :lol: Yep :lol:

4. skippymom says:

That looks like an interesting house.

5. Lovely contrast between the white decor and black kitteh.

6. all that white and a black cat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. The feral cat living on my porch does this most mornings. Mind, she usually has her claws out.

8. If she even lets you get that close, that means she trusts you to some extent. So you’re making progress. I have a couple kittehs in my house that were originally ferals, and it took me months&months&monthsetc for them to trust me. So every time they now let me pick them up, it’s like winning the Nobel Prize for Trust.

9. Yes, it has been cool to watch the transformation slowly happen. Most mornings, she comes over to rub against my legs and get a few pats before the claws come out.

10. AWW :D It will take time and that kitty will learn to trust you completely, dgerish :D

11. My Penny snags my pant leg sometimes when I walk pass her on the couch. It’s like she’s saying: “Where are you going?”

12. skippymom says:

Eddy always whacks me when I walk by him, then I look back and he is all “What?”

13. You GO , Eddy !!!

14. Coffee Cup says:

Mine just runs away. Yeah, kitty has some remaining shelter issues.

15. See above… they need time… :)

16. jlamusings says:

hang in there & be patient! One of my shelter kitties years ago was super shy & hid a lot. He finally got better with me but no one else. THEN I got a tall kitty condo & he was a totally different cat when he was face-to-face with us. Much friendlier!

17. So as a dog owner…(allergic to cats), are you saying cats don’t usually do this?

18. What we’re saying is that cats only do what they want to do. They don’t do “tricks” for our amusment. But! Having said that, we should also point out that there are no guarantees with cats – they all have their own minds.

19. skippymom says:

and some of those minds are pretty twisted

20. Norbertsmom says:

Spoken like a true cat owner, err I mean slave

21. skippymom says:

I had actually trained Francesco to high-five a couple of years ago, and I forgot all about it. I’ll have to test him and see whether he will still do it.

22. Blue Footed Booby says:

One time I was walking to the kitchen at about 1 in the morning, after everyone else in the house was asleep (I hadn’t had dinner yet). It was really dark (imagine that) so I turned on the light. Frozen in low-slung huntress stance was my roommate’s fat gray cat. She glowered at me as if to say “you spoiled my lurk.”

I sighed and turned the light back out. She sprang through the air, wrapped her paws around my ankle, and chomped my shin.

The things we do for pets.

23. :lol: Oh, what a brat cat your roommate has there, Blue Footed Booby :lol:

24. I’ve had different cats who do the swat because they a) want petting or playtime, b) are excited because I’m picking up their bowl to prepare their dinner, or c) because I got too close and they’re warning me to back off. Cats: they’re never boring!

25. My cat used to just like to be stealthy– if I walked into the bathroom or kitchen or something, somewhere she knew I’d walk back out of soon, she’d hide behind the corner. Then as I walked by, she’d jump out on her back legs, arms in the air flailing wildly, smack me (clawlessly) in the leg a couple times, and run away pleased with herself.

I really miss that she doesn’t do this anymore :( Guess it was a phase.

26. Blue Footed Booby says:

I don’t think “never boring” is an appropriate description for an animal that sleeps 16 hours a day. :V

27. Oh but the other 8 hours are jam packed with kitty weirdness.

28. You know that cat’s thinking, I’ll stay home to make sure that the couch doesn’t float away Oh, and pass me the remote on the way out.

29. ha! that’s great!!