Dodge’s Melbourne Misadventure

People, you won’t believe this. A frightened little kitteh named Dodge gets stuck in a Melbourne tunnel. Look what happens next…#YAY! (Thanks to Cuteporter Bel S. for the teep.) More here.

!DODGE IN OZ FAVE FRAME!

IMG_0243..

Comments

1. think my allergies are acting up….sniff sniff.

2. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I send hugs to all those wonderful people who rescued him. What a gorgeous little guy.

3. When I saw this on the News the other night I wondered if it would end up here. So glad it has. :)

4. kibblenibble says:

My heart, eet ees now a puddle of rainbow goo.

5. Is it just me, or does he look worried?

6. ….looking like a petite lion, full of smarts at the computer keyboard….

7. 260Oakley says:

He’s probably suffering from tunnel vision.

8. Oh man, I need a tissue…

9. Awww! Orange and white striped kitties are the cutest. I used to have one named Tiger. A very original name, I must say! *cough, cough* ;)

10. WoolyBully says:

What a wonderful and uplifting story! Hope little Dodge finds a new home soon!

11. what wonderful people! i’m so grateful for people like this in the world. ::sniff::

12. Dodge is the perfect name for that kitty because he certainly dodged catastrophe.

13. Oh I needed that beautiful story so much. Thank you best ever Hoomins!!!! My goodness what a precious baby you have saved!!!!

14. fleurdamour says:

Awwwww-stralia!

15. fleurdamour says:

And Oakley has punnel vision!

16. Alverant says:

At least this story being on the news helps his chances of finding his true home and with luck some other pets will find their true homes too.

17. 4leafclover says:

Yes!! Best comment ever!!

18. Kudos to those sharp-eyed workers in the control room! Dodge is fluff-tacularly adorable.

19. Do you mean cat-astrophe?

20. Coffee Cup says:

Awww Dodge! I’m glad they rescued the kitteh.

21. doomchild says:

Same here it seems… *sniff*

All the best for you, little Dodge!

22. the pics of him are faboo in 1080 mode.

23. 8O :D

24. Most people wouldn’t have bothered to stop but thank goodness someone did. Poor little guy must’ve been scared half to death. I’d take him in a heartbeat if we were on the same continent. :)

25. What a beautiful kitten! Bless the folks that put themsleves in danger to recuse this precious little guy!

26. What a beautiful kitteh! What sort of shampoo did they use when they cleaned him up I wonder? He’s gorgeous!

27. Clairedelune says:

Mine too, but the goo is mostly orange — tabby orange that is. Sniff.

28. 4leafclover says:

Yes, he sure cleans up nice! I think it must have been Aussie brand shampoo…

29. What a handsome little guy! If he doesn’t find his first family, I am sure he will be snatched up by someone who will give him so much loves.

He reminds me of a memory, and I’m not sure who this cat is. I have a memory of an orange cat that looks just like him in an old school style Sherlock Holmes hat, I think with a magnifying glass, too…like maybe he was in a book series or TV series? Maybe it was just a poster that used to be popular? Anyone? Bueller?

30. Yes! And I’m pretty sure it was a popular poster back in the 70s.

31. I saw this on Yahoo :D I was wondering how long it would be before someone put sent it to “CuteOverload” :D I also had wondered how I could of put it on “CuteOverload” :D I had sent an article about a black mother cat being reunited with her six baby kittens last year to “CuteOverload”, but it never showed up :(

32. Yes, indeed, Alverant :D

33. If I was visiting Melbourne, Australia at the time, I would ask if I could take dear sweet little Dodge to Canada with me :D

34. Same here, WoolyBully :D

35. How could anyone, ever, let this little guy out of their sight????? Totally purrrrecious!

36. Me too

37. TINEE TUNNEL TABBEE

38. The thing I notice about many, many of these resqte situations, is that it’s mostly men (in uniforms I might add) who do the resqting. I think word’s got out there’s gonna be a “Cute Men o’ CO” Calendar edish, and all the men on the planet are tryin’ to get in it. Thanks for listening CO!

39. That’s it, I’m moving to Awwstralia. They’ve got koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, kookaburras, platypuses (platypi?), the Great Barriers Reef, feisty orange kittehs and wonderful hoomans with delightful accents who save said kittehs, koalas, etc.

40. They use Dawn dish soap to de-grease bids caught in oil spills… and Dawn contributes significant quantities for free on a regular basis to a number of wildlife rescue organizations.

41. T.U.M.: tremendously talented!

42. Vidstone says:

What an INTREPID little kitty!

Look at him DART under that truck!

Maybe he was attracted to its NEON lights!

I’m amazed at his STEALTH by sneaking into that tunnel!

It almost took a CARAVAN to rescue him!

He’s a real CHALLENGER!

Such a real MAGNUM of a kitty!

Also the cat is a 6.4 liter V8 hemi CHARGER!

(Okay, that last one may need work…)

43. Huh?

44. OH wait……are they models of Dodge cars? Okay…if that is the case then very clever Vidstone. :)

45. laurielou2 says:

It does my heart good to hear stories such as these. Thank you to the workers who saved his life. Hoping Dodge finds his forever family very soon…. <3

46. laurielou2 says:

I think I’ll tag along.

47. Kudos for the good-hearted hoomins.
    And Dodge is a beautiful floofy fellow. Is he a Main Coon?

48. THat cutie is gonna get snapped up in a second! :)

49. bids and BIRDS! :) ::hugs::

50. You have too much time on your hands. But – very well done!

51. tiamatsdg says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself! These guys were Dodge’s guardian angels.

52. Ellen W. says:

I had to look it up but I knew exactly what you meant- at the end of episodes of “Remington Steele” the MTM logo of a cat in a circle was modified to give the cat a deerstalker hat and a mercham pipe. I had no idea that wasn’t their usual logo!

53. Sharon Wilson says:

And bebeh bats! Don’t forget about bebeh bats!

54. That’s it! THanks for looking that up. Loved Remington Steele, by the way. Great show!