Sorry, This One’s Taken

He’s MINE! Mine! Mine! Mine!

All we can say is, thank you, Mel J., for another ResQte story. And we all know how very important that is.

1. I’m jealous. Absolutely jealous.

2. of both duck and man…

3. And another Men of CO calendar recruit graces this site.

4. In fact the man of CO is rather more fetching than his feathery friend. I too am a leetle scarit of swans, but this fellow could drape me around his neck anytime!

5. Martha in Washington says:

Most definitely!

6. phred's mom says:

Yes indeedy! It’s gonna be a GREAT calendar!

7. fleurdamour says:

Bjork’s soulmate

8. Was this Bjork’s date for the 2001 Oscars ceremony?

9. Fleur beat me to it by a minute!

10. fleurdamour says:

11. That’s an undeniably sweet picture, which sort of surprises me–I normally think of swans as pretty foul (fowl?)-tempered beasties.

12. Swans are The Sopranos of the pond. They go around terrorizing all and sundry, chasing dogs, and shaking down ducks for protection money.

13. Norbertsmom says:

Guess everyone could use a couple extra bills these days!

(yes I went THERE and no I am not ashamed) !

14. Norbertsmom says:

Wondering why I am in the mod lounge, and hoping that no one minds if I have a brownie :-)

15. Cream cheese brownies!

16. Norbertsmom says:

OMG – those are my favorites!

17. They ARE! I had a lot of scary interactions with them as a child and still find them daunting. Beautiful, but daunting.

18. High fashion be darned! I am NOT wearing a goose muffler next winter no matter what all the fashion writers are saying.

19. SwansDown Abbey

20. PS: re: the story link:
    Should I ever inherit a charming cottage in the Lake District, I shall call it ‘Regal Swannery’.

21. i’d say they’re both equal in cuteness. it’s really neck and neck.

22. *clapping*

23. “neck and neck.” Heh.

24. I think most of us had the same thought – male version of Bjork’s infamous outfit! :D

25. The Original Jane says:

And the fashion critics said her look would never catch on…

26. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’ve never met a swan in person, but all the geese I’ve encountered have been pretty cantankerous buttheads, unless I had bread in which case they were cantankerous *greedy* buttheads.

27. I would love to trade places with him…I just have to figure out with which one :lol:

28. Makes me feel sort of incompetent in the necking department.

29. Martha in Washington says:

Can I call “Matchingks”? The expression on both their faces is the same! Lots of gratitude and relief.

30. This is a beautiful embrace !

31. Oooohhhh the look on that mans face. If only they were all like heem……

32. I vote we have a “ResQte Qte” tag. I nominate this picture and Unger & Schoep in the lake together for starters. Can’t seem to get a link to Schoep, but you know the one I mean.

33. Lauren in Georgia says:

I teared up when I read what the guy had to say.

34. Just beautiful. That’s all.

35. Just goes to show…that an animal known for a temper….when in the presence of LOVE !!!!…..I don’t have enough words to say what a picture of rather ‘the picture’,says…..JUST AWESOME !!!