Beware of Door

Flickr-er Carl Wycoff spotted this ultra-realistic artwork on an overhead door in Des Moines, Iowa. I know what you’re thinking: That’s a really big tennis ball.

1. 260Oakley says:

2. fleurdamour says:

3. Jimbeaux says:

I dunno… I think it may not be real. In fact, the whole thing may’ve been done by… A lab-ra-door deceiver! :)

4. Loffs eet! Well punned.

5. You rock….and you were “firsties” too. :-)

6. SlaveToCat says:

Clap clap clap

7. How does she do it?

8. WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

9. I think we can close down the internets now. Nothing left to say after that. :)

However… I will say that I think that door is fantastic!!! Great idea and incredible likeness.

10. There’s a mistake in the hovertext.

11. Fixed. Thank you.

12. SlaveToCat says:

What did NTMTOM say upon learning of the hovertext error…..

Oh F#@CH…

13. It’s Clifford!!!

14. Coffee Cup says:

15. If I was walking by that door I just know that i couldn’t help bopping him on the nose! :lol:

16. Hmm, I wonder if that opens the door?

17. Wouldn’t that be great!!

18. On a completely unrelated note, my office in Waltham MA is closed today. Waltham is one of the towns the authorities have indicated should be in lock-down because of the Boston Marathon bombing. I’ve always thought the word “surreal” was overused in describing unusual situations but this really does feel surreal. I only pray there is no further loss of life before they capture (or kill) the second guy.

Sorry for the hijack – I just felt the need to post this. :(

19. Hang in there Rachel.

20. whawhawhatsis says:

I do hope the situation is resolved. Yes, surreal is a good word for something like this, isn’t it? I’ll be sending my thoughts out to the universe while enjoying the qte, too. Cute Overload really a panacea for almost anything, isn’t it?

21. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone there, Rachael. I came here after reading updates on the situation. I need the qte… :(

22. I looked at the picture, did a double-take, then a triple-take. and my brain nearly crashed with a “blue screen of death” while trying to correlate the size of the doggeh and the surroundings.

23. So if the dog is that big, how big is the owner?!

24. Hagrid

25. Yes .. He’s my ‘little’ lap dog he is …

26. I really wish labrodoggles came in this size. I can see only two downsides:
    1. We’d all be drowning in doggie drool.
    2. You’d need a mining digger to pick up the poop.
    On the plus side the snorgling with such a creature would be heavenly!

27. Well, since no one else went “there”…… I am NOT cleaning up after THAT pup !

28. Omg I was sitting here dreaming of how cool it would be to ride my giant pup instead of a car…. And the poop never entered my fantasy! Holy smokes that would be a problem!

29. I think we need a new category, for “cute or creepy”!