Dog Vs. Egg

Sometimes dinnertime can be quite a challenge. Take this little guy for example: he just doesn’t know what to make of this new thing in his dinner dish. Video is c/o of Cuteporter Susan S., who added “Our Parson Russell Terrier, Jack Donaghy, battles his first fried egg.”

Tumble on over for more of Jack Jack Jack .

Comments

1. eggs and bacon – yumm! – eat it dog!!

jack donaghy – haha nice name :D

2. 260Oakley says:

You laugh at him now, but if he later yaks that up on your bed the yolk will be on you!

3. Stressfactor says:

Oh, this wouldn’t be my Rattie. She loves eggs. In fact, if I have an egg for breakfast I almost always have to fix a little egg for her too otherwise she won’t leave me in peace. She sits and stares at my egg.

4. Lerrinus says:

Now let’s see what he makes of a hard boiled egg! ;-)

5. That dog got a better breakfast than I did this morning.

6. I’m wondering why they were filming in the first place – were they expecting this reaction? Is it a widely known fact that dogs are confused by fried eggs and won’t just gobble them up in approximately 2 nanoseconds?

7. Me too. Suddenly I’m hungry again.

8. how sweet, all he needs is a knife and fork

9. Best doggeh name evar.

Mmmm just goes to show you that no matter what species you are, bacon is universally delicious.

10. g2-0a75c2d005eeef73d12733146ced70eb says:

With any dog I ever had, you’d hear this tiny click as the internal vacuum switched on, quickly followed by a “ssssTHUCK” as the food entered the gullet. I use the same technique for jelly beans, sadly.

11. That was quite an ordeal for the little guy. :)

I love how he flips the egg over at 1:21 to see if there’s any bacon hiding on the other side. :)

12. g2-0a75c2d005eeef73d12733146ced70eb aka Thorlac. Wow, gravatar, thanks for the easy-to-pronounce name.

13. Coffee Cup says:

The Italians have a saying, Lemon. “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.” And though they’ve never won a war, or mass produced a decent car, in this area, they are correct. In five years we will all be either working for him, or dead by his hand.

14. “What are you trying to feed me?? Where’s the hot sauce ?? “

15. rescue gal says:

Maybe they were expecting something like what my dog would do- she would roll around in them! Every time we gave her eggs she would bring them to the carpet then roll in them. :)

16. WendyLady says:

groan….

17. perhaps it’s just the way the fried egg fits snugly into the bottom of the doggie bowl .. it would be a challenge for anything without hands to get it out!

18. Sharon Wilson says:

Awww, they should have just cut the egg up into little pieces for him like they did for the bacon!

19. Now that’s eggzactly what I was thinking Sharon !

20. I think he was waiting for some salt and pepper. maybe a little salsa wouldn’t hurt either!

21. Peanut M&Ms here. My corgi never would have allowed an egg (or anything for that matter) to remain intact for two minutes. I think she would have gobbled down the whole hen that laid the egg in two minutes, given the chance! Cute scruffy guy Jack is though.

22. Yuk yuk yuk…

23. Martha in Washington says:

Buttery toast! How can anyone possibly eat a fried egg without buttery toast?!

24. Either that is not a dog or the animal I have is not a dog, because there is no way two members of the same species could have such different approaches to food. My girl is definitely, inhale first ask questions later.

25. Reminds me of my greatly missed little poodle. He loved egg yolks, did not like egg whites. We would fix him a bacon or sausage and egg every weekend. we would cut up an overeasy egg and mix all of it together in hopes he would eat a little of the white. He would lick the bowl clean, but he would take every piece, lick/suck off the yolk and spit out the egg white into a pile next to the bowl. If you had an egg, he wanted the yolk, you got the whites. I really miss him and I think my cholesterol has gone up since he passed.

26. Tasbasco sauce. A must.

27. Love it!!