Maybe Name Her..Toni The Tiger?

The latest edition of The Norem Files comes to us from the San Francisco Zoo! We’ll let the Furrtographer explain.

“Last week I was invited to a media event for the SF Zoo’s new tiger cub. Her mom’s name is Leanne and they started venturing out of the lion house for the first time last week. It’s very exciting as there are less than 400 Sumatran tigers in the world and this is the first one at the zoo in five years.”

FUR_8693_2-XL

FUR_9778-L

FUR_9485 (Medium)

FUR_9288_2-XL

FUR_8966-XL

FUR_9115-L

FUR_9283-L

FUR_8829-XL

FUR_0115-XL

Comments

1. Incredibly beautiful!!

2. Proposal for new Rule Of Cuteness: DOTS ON EARS!!!!!1111!!!

3. Thanks CO – I was so lucky to get invited to this event, and it was amazing to see Leanne and her cub together!

4. Striped tummies!

5. Simply amaaaazing! Leave it to our buddy Josh N to deliver the goods. *wild, appreciative applause*

6. Gorgeous cats!
    p.s. Mom Taxi

7. you know, that was gonna be the original title. Couldn’t think of where to go with it, and then I (seriously) had a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

8. Grrrrrrr-eat! :)

9. Oooh, I saw these two on Zooborns! Josh, as always your pix are spectacular. And I’m so envious that you got to see them up close and personal.

10. OMG!OMG!!OMG!!!OMG!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!! (ad infinitum, possibly ad nauseam)

The beauty of the QTE is overwhelming.

That is all.

11. Having breathed in and out of a paper bag several times and gathered some equilibrium….

…. how did the zoo worker get cublet away from her mother, to put her on show?

12. If I may quote bookmonstercats:
    OMG!OMG!!OMG!!!OMG!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!

And Josh, thank you!!! tank you!!! thank you!!!! GREAT photos!!!!

OK…I’m going to go lie down now.

13. 1. RELATIVELEE TINEE TABBEEE!

2. OMG, mama cats carrying kittens around in their teeth is TOTAL KRYPTONITE. I can waste hours on youtube just looking for mama-cat-with-kitten-in-her-mouf videos. I can’t explain it, but there it is.

3. We need a Mom Taxi tag.

14. Leave the stripes on the baby mom ! pic.7 (We ALL know mom spit removes EVERYTHING! )

15. That last picture with mom tiger having her tongue out made my day.

16. You took the words out of my mouth! I am so in love with that baby it hurts.

17. wuyizidi says:

When Toni assumes her rightful place as ruler of the jungle, the first item on her to-do list would have to be removing these undignified (but totally adorable!) baby pictures from teh interwebs.

18. Tum, I think more like: NOT-SO-TINNEEE TABBEE (TIGER)

19. It’s the beautiful Leanne! I have Pinned her and the baby lots of times already. -So breathtakingly gorgeous!

20. EAR DOTS!!! Seconded your proposal! Nom, nom, nom.

21. tracylee says:

Waaaant! *grabby hands!*

22. amazing! in awe of how beautful they both are.

23. Linda, Jazzy and Blue says:

GORGEOUS! You can really see the “fake eyes” on the back of the lil’ one’s ears. Should I give up chartered accountancy to become a tiger cub handler? I’ve got my own rubber gloves? YES!!!!!

24. Baby is cute and all that but dang, Mama’s a serious looker.

More like a cougar.

25. Is the bebeh sneaking up on mom in the last pic? :D

26. Ladybird says:

I’m impressed with how very healthy both mum and baby look – they are obviously very well cared for, which makes me happy.

27. Same here, Ladybird :D

28. I asked myself the same question. Then I was also pleasantly surprised at how the zoo worker wore gloves. I wonder if that’s to stop human scent getting on the baby? Anyhoo, if it had been me I would’ve ripped those gloves right off myself and be rubbing my bare hands all over that soft stripey baby fuzz. How preshus.

29. Martha in Washington says:

Quite possibly THE Most Gorgeous Creature on the planet!

30. Martha in Washington says:

I’d be rubbing my FACE all over that soft stripey baby fuzz!!!!
    (Then probably asking for references to a good plastic surgeon after baby got through with the baby claws.)

31. You don’t think it might be better if you worked your way towards tiger cub handling, say, via banking?

32. From the second link, it looks like Dad’s not too shabby himself.

33. I could never be a wild cat handler. I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation to snorgle them, no matter how sharp the teeth and claws….

34. We can’t wait to see her. We tried to go to the SF Zoo the first day she was out but the line was HUGE so we went to plan B. (The gorgeous Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park.) But we’ll make it to the zoo this month. I can’t wait!

35. “But chartered accountancy is boring.”

36. You’re very perceptive there Martha.

37. I love how mom and dad are named Leanne and Larry, like they’re from Short Hills, NJ.

38. Thanks Rachael!

39. Thanks dgerish – I was very lucky to get the call this time!

40. Thanks Gigi!

41. It’s easy to see how beautiful she’s going to be when she’s grown up, just by looking at her mother.

42. He’s stunning!!

43. I love the reference to Short Hills, NJ, Theresa. That’s where my mom grew up! My mom who was responsible for my baseball addiction.

44. Ear Dots!!! Must kiss each one….

45. SoccerSue says:

Right after seeing this, the next website I went to had this story:

Add one more to the count! Yay!

46. Ditto!!!!!
    She is cute beyond words

47. That first photo has to be one of the most gorgeous photos of God’s creation I have ever seen! Never mind the cub in her mouth, just LOOK at those beautiful eyes! And the waterfall just behind her almost casts a halo around Mama Leanne! BEAUTIFUL! :)

Also, EAR DOTS! *squee!*

48. No Tiger Mom quips? I guess those are outdated.